Monty Python's Life of Brian - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Monty Python's Life of Brian Reviews

March 4, 2017
The JPF crack suicide squad doesn't fit, as all other scenes involving the rival faction were cut from what was initially a much longer film. But this is the only thing that bugs me about a movie that, on the whole, is sharp, clever, insightful, daring, and most importantly, absolutely bloody hilarious. Holy Grail probably has more laughs per minute, but this is, all things considered, the Pythons' best work.
February 19, 2017
Besides the quite on point satire about biblical interpretation & Eric Idle's rabble rousing Crucifix Song, this was a total dud that pales in comparison to the earlier pre-Cleese Holy Grail.
February 18, 2017
Absolutely hilarious!
December 27, 2016
Every moment is as brilliant as the whole.
½ November 10, 2016
Good film. But you have to bear in mind that it is old and outdated now so not as many laughs as you would think
October 11, 2016
Perhaps the most relevant comedy from Monty Python, but also the weakest for me. However, I love Monty Python so much that even their least good film is a 4 star. I still really like this movie and recommend it to any comedy fan, though if you're expecting the more surreal side of MP, you won't find too much of it here. It's actually pretty down to earth satire, which is totally fine. They do it very well.
September 25, 2016
Wow, this movie is hilarious, a real classic comedy.
September 9, 2016
Hace mucho no me reía tanto con una pelicula JAJAJAJ genial.
½ July 28, 2016
Brian of Nazareth is an average guy who gets mistaken for the messiah. Quite a few funny parts to this one and plays to perhaps Python's greatest strength - poking fun at religion.
½ July 20, 2016
Life of Brian is a comedy with English humour yhat you'll have to set to understand all the film, with jokes that paint a smlie on your face, but a few with that you laugh during hours
½ July 7, 2016
The most realistic movie ever made.
July 2, 2016
The greatest biblical film of all time
½ June 5, 2016
88% While not nearly as quotable as the Holy Grail, the comedy troupe does it again with Life of Brian, being hilarious as well as satirical, and highly entertaining in its own right.
June 3, 2016
Less laughs than Holy Grail but still funny and clever satire
May 19, 2016
Genius. World needs this sort of parody more than ever.
Look out for George Harrison, the man who is lending them their mounts on Sunday (presumably Palm Sunday)!
½ April 29, 2016
Great movie. It's smart and witty in its religious satire, even if the plot is a tad scattershot in moments, but also features great performances (as per usual) from the Monty Python gang.
April 27, 2016
2nd of my all time favorite comedy :D
½ April 10, 2016
Comedy is so individualistic it is, in my opinion, impossible to find one that EVERYone loves. This will surely offend many people, but it will offend them in a timeless way, and that truly is its strength.
½ April 6, 2016
Finally watched it. Full of lulz
March 27, 2016
Perfection from Start to Finnish. A masterpiece of comedy and social satire.