Monty Python's Life of Brian - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Monty Python's Life of Brian Reviews

½ November 23, 2017
Almost as good as Holy Grail and that's saying something, a true comedy classic. Full of bad taste and downright blasphemous, I'm sure some will be deeply offended, everyone else will be deeply entertained.
½ November 18, 2017
While not as good as the previous film. Life of Brian stands on its own with great characters,jokes and commentary on religion.
September 24, 2017
It is such a great movie and one of the funniest you'll ever see.
September 23, 2017
Life of Brian manages to garner laughs at it?s social satire and WTF humor on religion
September 9, 2017
Cynically hilarious film. The Monty Python crew did it again bringing another interesting look at religion and empires.
July 6, 2017
The perfect Python Film. Intelligent and stupid. Realistically ridiculous.
½ June 16, 2017
A superior movie to the Holy Grail (1975), which was descent, but very low budget and a bit messy. Meanwhile, Life of Brian is much more compitent and much more deserving of it's classic status. Although a comedy movie, it actually has some heart and intelligence to it, and I liked the social satire about how society is just willing to just follow religion. I also find it amazing how Monty Python can concentrate, longly, on certain scenes, even if they're extremely silly. And Bigus Dickus just killed me. Recommended !!
½ May 24, 2017
The best of the Monty Python films.
May 22, 2017
Oh terrorist attack on Charlie Hebdo and you don´t know why? Watch this movie and you will know.
May 13, 2017
Unfortunately overshadowed by "Holy Grail", and yet this film by the famous comedy group is more clever and less slapstick. It is overall better written and does not just feel like a bunch of skits loosely weaved together. One of the only python movies with a solid plot.
March 4, 2017
The JPF crack suicide squad doesn't fit, as all other scenes involving the rival faction were cut from what was initially a much longer film. But this is the only thing that bugs me about a movie that, on the whole, is sharp, clever, insightful, daring, and most importantly, absolutely bloody hilarious. Holy Grail probably has more laughs per minute, but this is, all things considered, the Pythons' best work.
February 19, 2017
Besides the quite on point satire about biblical interpretation & Eric Idle's rabble rousing Crucifix Song, this was a total dud that pales in comparison to the earlier pre-Cleese Holy Grail.
February 18, 2017
Absolutely hilarious!
December 27, 2016
Every moment is as brilliant as the whole.
½ November 10, 2016
Good film. But you have to bear in mind that it is old and outdated now so not as many laughs as you would think
October 11, 2016
Perhaps the most relevant comedy from Monty Python, but also the weakest for me. However, I love Monty Python so much that even their least good film is a 4 star. I still really like this movie and recommend it to any comedy fan, though if you're expecting the more surreal side of MP, you won't find too much of it here. It's actually pretty down to earth satire, which is totally fine. They do it very well.
September 25, 2016
Wow, this movie is hilarious, a real classic comedy.
September 9, 2016
Hace mucho no me reía tanto con una pelicula JAJAJAJ genial.
½ July 28, 2016
Brian of Nazareth is an average guy who gets mistaken for the messiah. Quite a few funny parts to this one and plays to perhaps Python's greatest strength - poking fun at religion.
½ July 20, 2016
Life of Brian is a comedy with English humour yhat you'll have to set to understand all the film, with jokes that paint a smlie on your face, but a few with that you laugh during hours