Monty Python's Life of Brian - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Monty Python's Life of Brian Reviews

May 19, 2016
Genius. World needs this sort of parody more than ever.
Look out for George Harrison, the man who is lending them their mounts on Sunday (presumably Palm Sunday)!
½ April 29, 2016
Great movie. It's smart and witty in its religious satire, even if the plot is a tad scattershot in moments, but also features great performances (as per usual) from the Monty Python gang.
April 27, 2016
2nd of my all time favorite comedy :D
½ April 10, 2016
Comedy is so individualistic it is, in my opinion, impossible to find one that EVERYone loves. This will surely offend many people, but it will offend them in a timeless way, and that truly is its strength.
½ April 6, 2016
Finally watched it. Full of lulz
March 27, 2016
Perfection from Start to Finnish. A masterpiece of comedy and social satire.
March 10, 2016
Another movie you have to have some Bible knowledge to fully appreciate.
February 27, 2016
oh I have to see this
February 12, 2016
17 coffee pots out of 17
February 1, 2016
Sacrilegious fare for the Pythons in this film. The motley crew apply there socio-political commentary to the life of Jesus Christ. Difficult material to swallow if you are not a Monty Python or British humour fan. To me, this does not nearly stand up to Holy Grail, despite many others who would largely disagree with me. Religious satire is a sensitive topic and not as digestible as other themes they have tackled such as King Arthur, death, etc. Some classic scenes here are forever embedded in the lexicon of Pythonites everywhere.
January 21, 2016
First time I saw it, it was better, but it's still good :)
½ January 7, 2016
Partly a riff on the mythos of one little known desert prophet, and part riff on the multitude of film about said prophet, it has the feel of the class clown arguing with the homeroom teacher, and nearly is as Biblical. But mainly its just silly.
December 20, 2015
Life of Brian is a hilarious, offensive cult classic. This film has great acting, is constantly funny and there isn't a dull moment. The film is so quotable and entertaining I love it.
December 10, 2015
I am a catholic, so...yeah.
½ November 20, 2015
Brilliant tongue in cheek commentary on organised religion.
½ November 7, 2015
Silly, witty, bizarre, and timely all at the same time, "Life Of Brian" marks a relatively high point within Monty Python's impressive r comedic ap sheet.
½ October 21, 2015
There is some fun, but overall it is quite stupid.
½ October 16, 2015
Monty Python proved themselves as the kings of satirical comedy with this classic comedy gem.
½ October 16, 2015
If you were expecting another Holy Grail, life of Brian will come as a massive disappointment. One of their worst films,it is also one of the worst of all films. You would think with the amount of time they had between Holy Grail and life of Brian that monty python could come up with something worthwhile, but they must have used everything up making their bbc tv shows and holy grail.
October 16, 2015
What have reviews ever done for us?