Monty Python's Life of Brian - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Monty Python's Life of Brian Reviews

December 10, 2015
I am a catholic, so...yeah.
½ November 20, 2015
Brilliant tongue in cheek commentary on organised religion.
½ November 7, 2015
Silly, witty, bizarre, and timely all at the same time, "Life Of Brian" marks a relatively high point within Monty Python's impressive r comedic ap sheet.
½ October 21, 2015
There is some fun, but overall it is quite stupid.
½ October 16, 2015
Monty Python proved themselves as the kings of satirical comedy with this classic comedy gem.
½ October 16, 2015
If you were expecting another Holy Grail, life of Brian will come as a massive disappointment. One of their worst films,it is also one of the worst of all films. You would think with the amount of time they had between Holy Grail and life of Brian that monty python could come up with something worthwhile, but they must have used everything up making their bbc tv shows and holy grail.
October 16, 2015
What have reviews ever done for us?
Robert B.
½ October 8, 2015
Life of Brian has all that one would expect from a Monty Python production: satire, absurdity, ridiculousness, irreverence. Beyond that I found the sets to be surprisingly good and I also found the daring to touch on controversial topics to be refreshing in these uptight times.
September 26, 2015
This is how comedy is done, folks. Always look on the bright side of life.
September 5, 2015
Funny and clever. From the greatest comedians of all time.
½ September 3, 2015
It is a silly comedy, but it has some really deep critics to society.
August 25, 2015
A timeless classic, view after view you will still laugh at the same jokes the way you did the first time you watched it. considered one of the all time great comedies & when you see for yourself, you can see why.
August 21, 2015
From the geniuses behind the Holy Grail, is a controversial, fast paced comedy, Life of Brian. I personally loved the Holy Grail, but attempted not to draw any comparisons between it and this film, I'll just admit that Holy Grail was way funnier. The overall story is smart, but I found myself laughing less than I should have been. I thought the excess amount of characters were a bit unnecassary, but thats not to say the majority of them didn't produce pure humor, and the ending really lifts it up a notch. Monty Python produced this with high expectations weighing on their shoulders, and although more effort could have gone into the actual wit of the humor, Life of Brian still delivers a relatively cheery time for those who enjoy a crude comedy.
July 29, 2015
Another classic from Monty Python that also brings us the top played funeral song in the UK. There is never a dull moment in this movie and if there is, it is because you aren't focusing on the right part of the scene.
June 22, 2015
Absolutely clever and impossibly funny, Life of Brian manages to be a parody on so many levels and a very peculiar and original movie in many others, with a great cast and some of the best writting ever in a comedy, with timeless jokes and masterful performances.
½ June 12, 2015
Since I missed this one way back in the formative years, but having had a ton of the jokes spoiled or related to me over the years, and just not catching it as a teen or whenever this sort thing might have been a bit more subversive or influential, I found myself sort of amused with this comedy classic, but not blown away.

Oh well, it's like certain kids movies that I missed and couldn't figure out what the big deal was when I saw them later in life.

Timing is everything, and YMMV on this one, obviously.
May 10, 2015
A satire on organized religion, pretty funny at places but rather juvenile. One of the better films from 70s, banking on wordplays and set pieces but didn't crack me up like their Holy Grail did.
May 9, 2015
Not my favourite Monty Python film, but it's still "weally" funny.

"Now, fuck off!!" XD
May 3, 2015
Best comedy of all time
March 3, 2015
one of the greatest comedies ever made!!