Monty Python's Life of Brian - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Monty Python's Life of Brian Reviews

July 29, 2015
Another classic from Monty Python that also brings us the top played funeral song in the UK. There is never a dull moment in this movie and if there is, it is because you aren't focusing on the right part of the scene.
June 22, 2015
Absolutely clever and impossibly funny, Life of Brian manages to be a parody on so many levels and a very peculiar and original movie in many others, with a great cast and some of the best writting ever in a comedy, with timeless jokes and masterful performances.
½ June 12, 2015
Since I missed this one way back in the formative years, but having had a ton of the jokes spoiled or related to me over the years, and just not catching it as a teen or whenever this sort thing might have been a bit more subversive or influential, I found myself sort of amused with this comedy classic, but not blown away.

Oh well, it's like certain kids movies that I missed and couldn't figure out what the big deal was when I saw them later in life.

Timing is everything, and YMMV on this one, obviously.
May 10, 2015
A satire on organized religion, pretty funny at places but rather juvenile. One of the better films from 70s, banking on wordplays and set pieces but didn't crack me up like their Holy Grail did.
May 9, 2015
Not my favourite Monty Python film, but it's still "weally" funny.

"Now, fuck off!!" XD
May 3, 2015
Best comedy of all time
March 3, 2015
one of the greatest comedies ever made!!
March 1, 2015
Not as good as Holy Grail, but better then Meaning of Life. Monty python delivers with another hilarious tale about the man born the same day as Jesus. Loved Pilate and the Romans, and the big nose scene was funny too. Lots of funny scenes that had me laughing pretty hard. Watch it, classic comedy.
February 22, 2015
The best monty python writing ever, and with the religious and cultural jokes it stands the test of time. A comedy and cinema classic
February 11, 2015
One of my favorite comedies, all around. As quotable as any. A masterpiece, no matter what the Big-Noses say.
January 31, 2015
Hilarious and groundbreaking.
January 29, 2015
Incredibly funny and sharp as a knife with some skewering blasphemy along the way. Full review later.
½ January 18, 2015
Biting as heck as well as amazingly funny, Life of Brian has a biggus dickus that makes this one of the Python's best.
½ January 17, 2015
Monty Python' style of comedy was so unique and mind blowingly funny at the time that they beat us 40 years to it.
Filled with out-of-the-ordinary comedy that even if you don't laugh, there will always be a smile on your face.
This movie surpasses The Holy Grail just by a hair's breadth. Not only for it's ballsy religious finger points but also for it's hilarious characters, surreal humor and awkward conversations done perfectly.
January 4, 2015
The funniest movie ever made? Well, it's up there (even though I prefer a couple of Zucker-Abrahams-Zucker flicks). Some bits drag, or get pushed a tad too far, but very few of them. Glorious satire of SO many things, religion being just one of them. Too many glorious sequences (the stoning, the bartering, the grammar class, the shoe) and quotes to list. "All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh-water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?" is a famous one. But my favourites - "You lucky, lucky bastard" and "Crucifixion? Good. One cross each, line of the left, out the door." - are as much about the genius delivery as the words themselves. And the film gets my vote for the best closing song in film history. So great (although granted, very British humour - many won't get it - like my wife, who was baffled throughout).
January 4, 2015
One of my favourite movies of all time. You need a very particular sense of humour to enjoy this film in its entirety. The crudeness and the quirkiness of this film always makes my day. If you're looking for a far-out comedy unique in nature from mainstream, contemporary Hollywood, this is the film for you! Also check out Monty Python and the Holy Grail: easily my favourite movie of all time.
½ December 30, 2014
I love it, and its similarity to the story of jesus (although it has little to do with that), very funny
December 19, 2014
The best monty python film ever made, life of brian is also the best satire of religion in cinema and one of the funniest films of all time and, frankly, slightly better than holy grail. This film, as a comedy, is perfect down to every performance and criticism of religion and its structure. A comedy masterpiece of the highest order
½ December 9, 2014
Not my favourite Monty Python movie (Holy Grail FTW), but an excellent comedy satire! Many of the jokes I found quite funny, while some didn't really deliver. The story is ridiculous and silly, just like any other Monty Python movie/series, and let's not forget, entertaining! The actors play more than one character, and while sometime that can get a bit confusing, it's mostly amusing and funny. The ending is hillarious. All in all, it's a very good movie with lots of laughs and should be seen by all comedy fans, for this is comedy gold!
½ November 28, 2014
About as funny as the first one