Monument Ave. - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Monument Ave. Reviews

April 6, 2016
I have to say this is by far Denis Leary's best movie since Judgment Night. His performance sort of takes over the film in a great way most actors could. I thought it was very good that they added in a good bit of Irish because I know Denis Leary has an Irish back round. All in all it is great movie with a great cast.
½ August 19, 2015
At times, the sincerity at the heart of this modern gangster tale carries it past its sloppy unevenness. However, some okay moments and good performances (specifically from Leary) can't fix how incredibly forgettable Monument Ave. is. Just not quite enough here to make it worth recommending.
½ May 25, 2013
Ted Demme's death ay 38 was a tragic loss to film. This film along with his previous film "Beautiful Girls" and his last feature "Blow" showed he was a gifted director. This is the Irish version of Scorsese's "Mean Streets" and it delves into themes long seen in films dealing with the Irish community that of informing. Denis Leary is able to throw in stand up bits into scenes. Leary gives his best performance in a film. Sheen in his small role as always shows why he is one of this county's great actors. Meaney plays the usual shanty Irish piece of shit bad guy. Noah Emmerich in his small role as a racist neighborhood tough guy is great. Only issue was the running time.
March 17, 2013
Celebrated ST Patrick's Day by watching the "Irish" "Mean Streets"
½ January 21, 2013
A compelling if low key crime drama, mostly carried by the strong performances. These characters are sometimes likable, sometimes despicable but always credible.
½ August 21, 2011
Irish crime drama told with the slow ponderous feel of an indie flick. I dug it.
August 1, 2011
A surprisingly solid crime drama. It's hard to watch an Irish mob saga without thinking of The Departed, but this one works in its own right, and has Leary's self-professed best performance.
July 24, 2011
While it may be familiar, Monument Ave is gritty, realistic, and certainly an authentic depiction of the bleak nature of the 'mean streets'. Denis Leary is especially convincing.
July 23, 2011
Bullshit. Stupid convulted pretentious shit.
½ February 7, 2011
great lead performance by leary and the supporting actors, good boston-irish mobster flick.
January 3, 2010
This is like the missing link between Rescue Me and Beautiful Girls. If you like either, you'll like this.
½ December 14, 2009
Ted Demme makes a competent Irish mobster film, with good melodrama and serious performance from Denis Leary.
June 26, 2009
A great cast, great writing and a revelatory lead performance by Leary.. I don't get how this slipped under the radar.
½ November 10, 2008
Another solid movie by the dynamic Duo of Ted Demme and Adam Kimmel. I found this movie quite interesting while it's slow pace is juxtoposed by manic and shocking death scenes. Really well handled by a director I continue to admire, sadly he'll never direct again in this lifetime.
½ August 15, 2008
It was alright, it felt like it drag.
½ August 13, 2008
the late ted demme was a leet director, and denis leary is superb as always
June 12, 2008
have no idea wat this is
½ June 12, 2008
awsome really funny yet serious
LOVE this movie. See it.
June 12, 2008
No info listed, no image, no review