Moonlight Mile - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Moonlight Mile Reviews

May 13, 2015
Despite skirting around the edge of grief after a family loss, this is still a fairly tender drama with plenty of style. The emotional aspects only ever simmer without exploding into life.
½ May 7, 2015
Good acting, boring story.
September 14, 2014
wow.....sad.....brilliant....amazing....i have just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a good movie 2 watch, its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie.....i think that jake gyllenhaal, dustin hoffman, susan sarandon, ellen pompeo, holly hunter, play good roles/parts throughout this movie.....i think that the director of this romance/drama movie had done a great job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie......i think that this is such a really really sad movie 2 watch, its got a great soundtrack throughout this movie.....

the whole cast::

Roxanne Hart as June Mulcahey
Richard T. Jones as Ty
Phil Reeves and McNally Sagal as Mr. and Mrs. Don Tippet
Aleksia Landeau as Cheryl

It was partially filmed on location in South Pasadena, California, Swampscott, Massachusetts, Marblehead, Massachusetts, the town common in Cohasset, Massachusetts, and Gloucester, Massachusetts. Neighbor's Restaurant is really Haley's Liquor Store in Marblehead.

The film grossed $10,011,050 worldwide from a $21 million budget.

Moonlight Mile received mixed reviews from critics: the review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes sampled 147 reviews, and gave the film a "63%" positive rating

This film was loosely inspired by writer/director Brad Silberling's own experience. He was dating actress Rebecca Schaeffer at the time she was killed by an obsessed fan in 1989.

The film takes its name from the Rolling Stones song of the same name. The film's original title was Baby's in Black, and then later changed to Goodbye Hello, and then the current title. The film is set in 1973 and music from that era is heavily featured, including that of the Rolling Stones, Van Morrison, Bob Dylan, and Elton John.

it is such a powerful drama movie 2 watch, its got a great cast throughout this this is such a powerful drama movie 2 watch, it is such a really really really sad movie 2 watch, its got a great cast throughout this is such a good movie 2 watch, its got a good soundtrack throughout this this is such a powerful drama movie 2 watch, its got a great cast throughout this this is such a good movie 2 watch, i think that dustin hoffman was great throughout this movie, man this is such a fantastic movie 2 watch, its got a great cast throughout this movie.....
October 8, 2013
Well performed but really boring.
August 8, 2013
Wasn't sure what to expect with this one,but as usual the amazing cast made this whole movie. The story wouldn't be anything without their talent. I thought even though hard to follow at times, this movie had so much emotion and truth behind it. It's hard not to fall in love with it.
½ May 18, 2013
Nice, honest and emotional movie.
½ April 27, 2013
little bit strange movie, not that much action.. more about how people move along with their lives after loosing somebody dear and about twists in life.
April 20, 2013
I love Dustin Hoffman... I think that everyone did a great job in this movie, but he makes it.
January 2, 2013
It's very viewable,but it lacks the anguish that parents should have after their only child is murdered.
December 23, 2012
Sweet. Ellen Pompeo is cute, quirky and damaged as usual. :-)
December 8, 2012
Great cast delivers brilliantly. A sad story with the happiest ending possible.
December 8, 2012
well written screenplay
October 5, 2012
A masterpiece. Susan Sarandon is remarkable in the best movie of 2002.
½ October 1, 2012
I thought this movie was very touching and the cast portrayed a family dealing with grief perfectly. Can't believe I had not heard of it before. Recommended.
½ August 19, 2012
Joe Nast: The truth is hard. Sometimes it looks so wrong, y'know. The color's off, the style's wrong, but I guess... I guess it's where the good ones live.
½ July 12, 2012
Wonderful character drama about grief and healing. First-rate performances all around. I love this movie, it puts its characters before any kind of stupid plot.
½ June 11, 2012
Wonderful, what else can I say about this highly imaginative film.
½ May 22, 2012
I believe Silberling had the best intentions here, but he just doesn't have the restraint to fully realize them.
April 20, 2012
This is a deliciously melancholy movie that anyone who has recently lost a loved one should see. It ends on an uplifting note and has a simple message. The way it's filmed allows the viewer to figure out the story for himself; I admire a director who can do that well, and this one does. The soundtrack rocks, too.
April 13, 2012