Moonrise Kingdom - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Moonrise Kingdom Reviews

February 18, 2017
easily one of the best films ive seen this millennium - Must See, regardless of age-group
February 15, 2017
Wes Anderson's greatest achievement: a film that recaptures the magic of youth and maturity.
February 14, 2017
Stylish, sweet, poignant, and with an amazing attention to detail, Moonrise Kingdom is a showcase for the singular gifts of Wes Anderson.
February 13, 2017
With superb performances from its ensemble cast, Moonrise Kingdom is a heartfelt adventure about love and growing up, displaying Wes Anderson at his best with a great screenplay and typically great direction.
February 12, 2017
In typical Wes Anderson fashion, 'Moonrise Kingdom' is a beautifully filmed and perfectly symmetrical fairytale. Characterization is amazing as usual, as well as the dialogues: utlimately, this movie manages to be entertraining, uplifting and funny .
February 11, 2017
Moonrise Kingdom is another movie directed by Wes Anderson that bares his distinctive and unique mark. The movie is set on set on an island, where Sam, a khaki scout who is orphaned, falls in love with Suzy, a girl who reads a lot to escape from reality.
½ January 30, 2017
A extremely delightful film full to the brim with the wit and talent of Wes Anderson.
January 29, 2017
Typical Wes Anderson...very well done and just a holistically enjoyable movie
½ January 24, 2017
For some reason the first view of this went over my head. All I could see were the standard Wes Anderson signature shots, dialogue, and characters. A second random viewing made me realize this is probably my favorite film of his. All of his quirks and stylistic signposts just tie down one of the best coming of age stories I think I've ever seen. Name a better one, please! One that's not only funny and heartwarming but melancholy and cynical.
½ January 21, 2017
Wes Anderson finally made it, the film he wanted to make since he became a director, and that's notable since it seems like his most personal work. Moonrise Kingdom has that characteristic Anderson-esque style and as always his characterization is beyond words, but it is in this film that all seems to fit perfectly.
Dealin with a noble and warm topic such as kid love, coming of age and the need to get away, Anderson and screenwriter Roman Coppola manage to capture the most of this and framed it in such an immaculate way it's subtle. The directing is outstanding as always, but seems has new touches that makes it feel fresh. The actings are plain perfect, even on secondary characters, and the characterization is as good. What really stands out in this film, is the music. Through the whole movie the music makes you get deeper and deeper into the movie, makes you feel as the characters feel and just transports you into Camp Ivanhoe.
All technical aspects aside, Moonrise Kingdom is a touching film, that gives hope on a realistic level, that gives you a smile with great wit, that take you back to memory lane in a nostalgic journey as you remember your own first kiss, your experience of love and makes you embrace that feelings for a momment and forget about everything, that is cinema, that's what it's all about, making you feel.
Maybe the characters have no place in the real world, maybe some events seem absurd, but so what? There really isn't any valid argument to diminish this beatifull piece of art from a director that just seems to get better and better with every movie. Thank you Wes Anderson.
January 16, 2017
Moonrise Kingdom is a pretty good coming of age movie with a lot of weirdness along the way. Though I enjoyed it, it didn't really stand out that much...there are way better coming of age movies. I also think it's an overrated film, in no way is their "brilliant" or a "masterpiece" like others believe it to be. But, overall, it was still solid but still a little too weird for me (the style I mean). I don't see myself rewatching this movie, it's just not one of those
Rating: GOOD 3/5 OR 6/10
January 15, 2017
Charming and whimsical, herein is a call to separate from the lousy group that treats you badly, and to lovingly embrace yourself. If someone else wants to embrace you: that's even better. Wes Anderson on steroids.
January 7, 2017
Not awesome but really good. Makes you long for the good old days of childhood when you believed pretty much anything was possible, and through your eyes as a kid everything was serious and important, which I believe how Wes was looking at this movie when he was writing and directing it.
January 5, 2017
quieky funny and poignant. Good.
½ January 3, 2017
Insofar as it succeeds, it is in spite, rather than because, of the trademark Wes Andersonisms.
December 31, 2016
Unorthodox but pleasantly bizarre. I was never fully caught up with the spirit of the movie because I never quite figured out the structure of both the events in the movie and its cinematography. It made for some interesting viewing though, and to anyone who doesn't get lost by Anderson's style there is an entertaining, heartwarming story to experience.
December 24, 2016
I love everyting about this movie. Wes Anderson keeps getting better and better.
December 7, 2016
ONE WORD: AMAZING (plus all the other describing words that I know!)
December 2, 2016
Moonrise Kingdom is a whimsical film. It is about a pair of young lovers flee their New England town. Bruce Willis and Tilda Swinton give fantastic performances. The script is good but a little slow in places. Wes Anderson did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this motion picture because of the adventure. Moonrise Kingdom is a must see.
December 1, 2016