The Book of Ruth Reviews

• Feb 12, 2011

Sad story of newly wed underachivers

Sad story of newly wed underachivers

• Oct 28, 2010

I could not sit through this entire movie. Toms portrayal of Ruth left it painfully unclear as the whether the character was supposed to be shy, or if she was develop mentally delayed. The mannerisms and speech patterns that were used seemed to be consistent with a person who was at about the mental capacity of forest gump, but this issue was not addressed during the 45 minutes of the film I was able to sit through.It is possible that if I was able to view the entire film this issue may have come to light. The storyline was not bad, but the directing, script and most of the acting was so weak that it ruined a potentially tragic and touching story.

• Oct 16, 2009

This movie was really good, really hard to watch, especially for those who have seen constant fighting and insulting in their home. Very sad, and very realistic. Christine Lahti is such a bitch in this movie and she plays it wonderfully. It's hard to believe it's her! Recommended.