Morgan Stewart's Coming Home Reviews

• Mar 19, 2015

In spite of Paul Aaron having his name taken off as director, it's really not all that bad. Cryer is funny as always and the plot is at least partially believable, especially given the time and place.

• Aj V Super Reviewer
    Sep 06, 2010

I love Jon Cryer in this movie. It's also got a good story, it's not fantastic, but it's a lot of fun and very funny, I really like this movie, and I highly recommend it.

• Jan 07, 2010

You know, all of his posters and references more or less made up for the fact that this could possibly be the worst movie ever made. ;) Morbid Morgan! Woot!

• Dec 05, 2009

I love loved this movie when I was 12, I still love it today. just bought the DVD. can you believe 20 years after it's release it comes to DVD, how cool!

• Sep 27, 2009

i enyoyed this film like i do many other 80`s teen comedys. i dont understand the director wanting the Alan Smithee credit. it is a decent film.

• Apr 22, 2009

Pretty stupid but as a child, I remember loving Morgan's horror collection and being totally jealous that he got to sneak out and go to midnight screenings of horror movies. Funny that whoever the director of the movie was thought it was so bad that he opted to change the credit to Alan Smithee - it's no worse than most of the other movies made at the time.

• Jul 14, 2008

I was not impressed. Morgan felt and looked like a less interesting version of Ferris Bueller. There's a reason this never made an impression on its generation. It's forced and average.

• May 10, 2008

Love Jon Cryer and I have seen this years and years ago...totally hilarious. This was super funny and the story was pretty good. Total 80's Movie and I wish they would come out with this on DVD already...I'd be the first to buy it lol

• Jan 31, 2008

Not Available on DVD - Original VHS from HBO Home Video -

Not Available on DVD - Original VHS from HBO Home Video -

• A B Super Reviewer
    Oct 22, 2007

Viveka Davis is hot, and Jon Cryer is likeable in this 80's slapstick comedy. It all goes a bit downhill for the finale, but it has its moments.