Morning Glory - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Morning Glory Reviews

June 5, 2015
Great film and fantastic performance from McAdams
May 4, 2015
It looks like an unsubstantial comedy, but it is cleverer and funnier one can expect. There is a good script after it.
½ April 26, 2015
Another in a line of romantic comedies I've seen that contain hardly any elements of either. The performances by McAdams and Ford go a long way towards making that irrelevant here. I like the all-over-the-place Becky Fuller character, and came to enjoy the Pomeroy character, knowing all along he was going to get with the program and make it work. Predictable, but aren't all romantic comedies?
March 25, 2015
A very charming film with a terrific cast and power performances from everyone involved. Loads of fun
½ February 27, 2015
Rachel McAdams is, as always, cute as hell. Harrison Ford's character, on the other hand, almost made me wish Han Solo had never gotten out of that carbonite. This one's fairly mindless and easy to watch, and I thought it was fun.
February 26, 2015
funny and I liked it :)
½ January 29, 2015
Rachel McAdams, Diane Keaton and Harrison Ford are all great in their roles but the film is too slight to be anything more than fluff. Full review later.
December 29, 2014
excellent. I havn't had such a laugh in a long time.
December 20, 2014
Harrison Ford in a drama?!? It didn't work. Rachel McAdams comes across as needy in her role and it was all too much for how lame the film was actually about.
December 18, 2014
It's unabashedly a chick flick, it's often derivative and cliched, and it's entirely predictable. But it also has a very charming and affable cast. Oh, what the heck, I had fun watching this film.

It's the film of a workaholic TV producer who loses her job at a local news station, and winds up working for the struggling national morning program, Daybreak. To attempt to bring up the ratings for the show, she brings in legendary newsman Mike Pomeroy, but there's a problem - Pomeroy is completely disinterested in the program and has no qualms with showing that to a national audience. Meanwhile, everyone tries to keep relationships going, because it's a chick flick.

It's a pretty dodgy plotline and the writing isn't exactly crash-hot, but it does feature a more than watchable cast that includes Rachel McAdams, Harrison Ford, Diane Keaton, Patrick Wilson, Jeff Goldblum and Ty Burrell. All of these actors know what they had to do to make this film fun, and they did it.

That said, it was a big pile of cliches stacked on top of each other, particularly the scenes between McAdams and Wilson, with the two veterans of rom-coms repeating the same old tropes again and again. But then Ford would come on, doing his "bored with everything" routine that he'd perfected on numerous appearances with David Letterman, and the entertainment value would spike once more.

Fun, but not essential. 3 stars.
½ November 8, 2014
Decently acted, and visually, cinematically perfect - but overall only cute. It can't quite cover some tired plot devices and glaringly clunky moments that ring false in the script.
I truly expected more surprises and ingenuity from JJ Abrams, the creator of Alias the TV show.
Harrison Ford is pigeon holed for too long as the bitter has-been character who finally comes around, and it weighs down the middle.
½ October 14, 2014
La pelicula en cuestion es buena, mantiene entretenido y aporta un mensaje al final de ella. Se recomienda.
October 5, 2014
Cliched and cheesy but a good cast and entertaining and enjoyable enough for what it is.
August 14, 2014
Harrison Ford looks pretty funny. Might rent it later...
August 12, 2014
Very good movie, It is too rare to find a good movie with a positive upbeat story. If you see Rachel McAdams movies you will be far more likely to find a good movie than following any critic.
½ August 3, 2014
(First and only viewing - 6/18/2012)
½ July 20, 2014
A predictable, light-hearted film. Harrison Ford is funny as the hard bitten news man, but I suspect the role was not a stretch given his cantankerous reputation. Dianne Keaton's co-anchor role is hardly a stretch. Nice to see Jeff Goldblum though.
July 14, 2014
Pure fluff, but you knew what you were getting at, just by looking at the cover, right?
½ June 26, 2014
Talk about a movie that knows how to utilize its cast!
June 11, 2014
I liked this movie, but I just wish there would have been more romance in it for it to actually be considered a romantic comedy.