Mortal Kombat: Annihilation - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mortal Kombat: Annihilation Reviews

½ December 15, 2015
Was this someone's senior project or something?
December 6, 2015
~~~~~~(MAJOR SPOILERZ!!!!)~~~~~~

Let us just start with saying that all the reviews of this movie were wrong, and that we honest to God believe that this is an amazing movie. Let us tell you why!
1) Every character was lovable.
Jax: As the token black guy, he filled his role just like his witty and urban banter filled my heart. At first when we saw that Johnny Cage died and was replaced by Jax we were sorely upset, but after he opened his mouth and spit his first hilarious line we were hooked for sure! Also let us just say that he is HUGE! Ladies will love this movie!
Liu Kang: Immediately we were struck by his hair. We had seen it before in the first movie (also a must watch), and we are proud to say that not a single hair has been displaced. It looked just as luxurious, if not more so. Liu Kang struggles throughout the movie with low self-esteem, and the three dimensional nature of his character really strengthens the movie as a whole.
Sonya: Wow, nipples. Shes back and even hotter than before, and now with a new love interest in Jax. This classy Hollywood hottie is now paired up with a black dude, and is fighting social norms while kickin' ass. Cool.
Shiva: Double the arms, double the fun. We both have had a crush on her since the we moment saw her, and we agree she is without a doubt the most beautiful woman either of us have ever seen. We wish we had a girl like Shiva to do some "Mortal Kombat" with, if you know what we mean.
We could honestly go on, this movie was filled with amazing, sorry, let us reiterate, AMAZING characters which we could write about until "Annihilation". We wish that they were a part of our great big family.
2) The Kombat was amazing.
First off, the flips. They rule! The characters basically flip everywhere. You might think it would get old, or just look stupid but we are glad to report that it doesn't. The choreographers and the stunt doubles really did a bang-up job. Just when you thought the flips would stop, or that it wasn't appropriate in the scene, they pulled a fast one on you and stuck one in there. It fit every time and felt great. We honestly believe they could squeeze a flip into a sex scene if they weren't stuck to a PG13 rating. Besides the flips, the fight choreography was a visual banquet and fight choreographers Robin Shou and Pat E. Johnson deserve more recognition for their masterful accomplishment. The kicks, punches, leg sweeps, and cartwheels are top knotch. Sonya has a magnificent high kick, smacking perpetrators for miles around with her beautifully meaty legs. The special wizard powers of characters like sub-zero and nightwolf (that vision quest was groovy) added a whole new dimension that conventional martial arts movies just can't match.
3) Special effects
The special digital effects (both 3-D and 2-D) were mind-expanding at the time of the movies release, and believe it or not they still hold up powerfully today. We're at a loss for words trying to describe the climactic dragon fight between Liu Kang and Shao Khan. It's truly something that has to be seen to be understood. The digital effects team hits hard, fast, and often with a rambunctious energy in their craft and love in their hearts, leaving us and my companions stunned and speechless for indefinite hours.
4) The plot
We cried when Johnny Cage died. The bond between Johnny and Sonya was so deep that during that scene we almost felt like we lost our own lover. We were brought to tears. Other scenes had the perfect mix of poignancy and sexy. Many times we were left both misty-eyed and half-chubbed, a perfect mixture.
In short, this movie has changed our lives for the better. We live our lives like Sonya, and make sure we make connections with our loved ones because we know they could be ripped away at a moments notice. The wise words of Raiden echo in our brains, helping us overcome any challenge or trial that life can toss our way. We used to get caught up, but now we can front flip through the fires of hell without the slightest of harm befalling us.

We thoroughly believe everybody should see this at least twice in their lifetime; it's just that good.

Over and out, Carney and Matt
December 2, 2015
I counted 25 mid-air flips. That's not a joke. But this movie is. A funny one.
½ November 13, 2015
don't blame the critics on this one
½ November 11, 2015
Not even a movie, just trash.
November 7, 2015
Nope, don't like this one.
½ November 4, 2015
A terrible film with some of the most amateur dialogue,script,acting and special effects put to the big screen.
½ September 21, 2015
The best comedy I've ever seen!
½ August 16, 2015
Holy fuck, what happened?!! If I could rate this lower, I would. This abomination isn't worth the breath I would need to list all its shortcomings. There's no way they thought this was good, when making it... I think the filmmakers were just trolling us. lol
August 11, 2015
What a great movie! I went into this with really low expectations, and I'll be damned if this thing ain't legitimately impressive. Structurally, this is everything a sequel should be-faster, crazier, less story, and more action. I had a smile on my face for most of this damn movie, and I could never tell what would happen next. Better than the original, and I could definitely see myself rewatching this several times.
August 5, 2015
Once again, underdeveloped plot and uninteresting fight scenes but Shao Kahn's actor at the least had character.
August 3, 2015
The first film was terrific. It deserved a better sequel. Many ingredients for a great film are here, but there are just as many for a bad one. Overall, it's a shame a better end product didn't come from all this. It could have been a great film!
½ July 23, 2015
Now i'm a fan of chezzy movies. I love toho movie, i like some direct to video stuff. heck i loved Dude where's my car. But when you take a great game like mortal kombat (even though it is mindless violence, buts that's what makes it so cool) and make a hard blown, fatal attempt, crashed before if even took off POS like MKA, well, theres only so much one can stand. I remember going to the theaters when this came out, when i was younger and craved the mindless action and violence of mortal kombat, and loving the first one, only to sit in a dark room for an hour and a half, watching this debacal before me in a sold out crowd (half who were on the train of thought as me as thinking that this SUCKS!) I was ashamed that i paid to see this. This was the first movie i ever thought truly sucked. Even in my younger age, when i would watch anything and like it, i walked out of that theater that day, with just a little less respect for mortal Kombat, and a very disappointed kid. I hope that new line does the right thing and burns and crucifes all remaining copies of this movie. Burn MKA. BURN!!!!!
½ June 24, 2015
Terribly filmed, choppily edited, poorly acted with terrible special effects, Mortal Kombat Annihilation is one of the worst sequels and one of the worst movies ever made.
½ June 23, 2015
Worst. Video. Game. Movie. Ever.
June 13, 2015
Whereas it's predecessor is mindless popcorn fun, Mortal Kombat: Annihilation hits rock bottom. The dialogue is even cornier this time around, the story is unengaging and annoyingly self-important, the clothing design quality is at Walgreens Halloween-costume level, the characters are lame and not to mention those horrendous special effects straight out of a SyFy network movie. With that said, plus its soundtrack consisting of bland, jarring techno music, Mortal Kombat: Annihilation is a spit in the face to both fans of the games and cinema in general.
June 5, 2015
It's like mixing Mortal Kombat with cartoon acting,it just doesn't work.
June 2, 2015
This is what happens when you make a rushed movie.
May 16, 2015
As bad as the first was, this one manages to out do it at every turn. Worse plot, worse acting, and totally laughable CGI
April 29, 2015
Well, you gotta remember it SUPPOSED to be hokie AF...I think...kinda like Batman and Robin and Batman Forever...So don't take this movie seriously and enjoy it for what it is...90 minutes of mindless enjoyment.