Moscow Zero - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Moscow Zero Reviews

½ May 12, 2016
Padded, repetitive, almost entrancingly awful and amateurish. Val Kilmer's screen time is possibly five minutes....
November 25, 2012
It's quite an accomplishment when the summary of a film offers more intrigue than the film itself. That being said, the concept itself is interesting, and the decent into the caverns of hell is tense and well shot with a number of veteren actors such as Joss Ackland making appearances. Unfortunately, after almost an hour of buildup and suspense, the end result is nothing more than a group of people trying to escape from a haunted house. 80 minutes of groping around in the dark with little or nothing to show for it is far more than anyone should be asked to sit through.
½ July 28, 2012
Lost souls imprisoned in the past waiting for their liberation towards the light.
May 6, 2012
Dark, Gloomy but AWESOMELY ORIGINAL!!! And the Blonde Actress is a knock out!
February 12, 2012
low budget movie... i would make one like this with an amteur camera and with only one camera
December 7, 2011
I can't even rate this film, is how terrible it was. I turned it off after the scenes with Val Kilmer in it. Also, for some reason I didn't have subtitles, which was a pain in the ass as some of the film was in Russian. Don't bother with this one. Trust me. It's not even worth it for the blip-on-the-radar that was Kilmer's appearance.
August 11, 2010
I am now dumber for watching this total piece of crap
½ March 23, 2010
I rented this while doing a Val Kilmer marathon with a friend. Worst...movie...ever.
March 22, 2010
"Movie Zero" as well. Dull! dull! Dull! dull!, my god was this movie dull and very "dark! dark! dark! dark!" the whole way through. Avoid this one at all cost. Muscovites probably wouldn't want to see this piece of cinematic brilliance (not!).
½ March 15, 2010
Horrible horror film that is just awful in every single aspect, does however feature a good cast too bad they left their talent at home. The film is about a group searching underground tunnels in Russia for a lost friend that is researching some sort of ancient evil. The plot makes minimal sense and the fear elements are laughable, eww shadows are so scary. Contender for the worst film ever!
March 12, 2010
February 3, 2010
The graphics were good. Keep me interested in the film. Val Kilmer should have a bigger role in the film. He was depicted as a back ground actor.
½ January 9, 2010
This movie made little to no sense. The acting was as bad as the plot as well, stay far away from this.
½ December 23, 2009
My wife checked this one out from the library. She saw Val Kilmer's name and thought to give it a shot. He got first billing but is in this piece of trash for about 4 1/2 minutes or so. Must have a decent agent, but made a mistake being a part of this. The story had an intersting premise, but does not deliver anything remotely interesting. Don't waste your time like I did...
½ December 2, 2009
Don't waste your time or money
November 1, 2009
A Tarkovskian paradox: when watching the film, how you identify demons will give you some insight into how an antagonist is a matter of perspective, telling us more about who we are than what the movie tells us.. Who are the demons in this film? And are they all the same? There is perhaps an allegory of pre-revolution Russian Orthodoxy battling for our heart and minds from post-revolutionary rational self-interest. But between these two forces lies a darkness which poses for us a problem of knowing the difference between good and evil. I counted 3 separate and distinct categories of "demons", depending on the character's perspective.
October 19, 2009
MOSCOW ZERO deserves ZERO stars. This movie sucked big-time. If you are a Val Kilmer fan, prepare to be severely disappointed. He has about five minutes in this 81-minute claptrap about a priest (Vincent Gallo) and a group of others roaming around in the Moscow underground with shadowy being flitting around. Bland waste of time.
½ October 18, 2009
Hands down, this has to be one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It's beyond me as to how and why Val Kilmer got second billing for this film. He appears for all of 5 minutes. The plot makes no sense. The acting is terrible and the plot makes no sense. After about 20 minutes, you want to shut it off. You keep watching thinkng something might start to take shape. And not before long, the movie ends abruptly. I could watch this film 10 times and still couldn't tell you what the hell it's about. Don't waste your time on this garbage.
½ October 8, 2009
Bleagh. Oksana Akinshina is wery, wery hot. Val Kilmer... is not.
½ October 6, 2009
"Moscow Zero?", well so was this movie rating, pretty well. This one was one of the most dullest and worst written movie's I've seen in quite a while and shows on screen. A wasted talent like Kilmer should have known better. The movie went absolutely knowwhere and half of it was totall dark (so was the creativity in coming up with this one; maybe the writer wrote this sitting in his own catacomb because this movie was cataclismic if you ask me). PEWW! avoid this one if you can. On the bright side though, Moscow looked nice.