Mosquito - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mosquito Reviews

½ July 15, 2016
Ginormous skeeters attack campers in this cheesy horror flick. The bugs enlarge after feeding upon illegal aliens from outer space and are made very hard to kill. The effects are often better than what you'd expect in a film of this caliber, but the acting is drab with jokes falling flat b/c of poor delivery.
April 16, 2016
Mosquito tends to be a fun watch, but the bland characters and force dialog do reveal it's not quite a piece of work. Many of the effects are great, though campy at times, but the rest of the effects are a bit bad. There are plenty of fun moments, similarities with other horror films, and all of your favorite horror tropes.
March 4, 2016
This is strange, watching this movie, it shifted from good to awfully bad. But i think that if you're a lover of cheap ass sci fi cinema, you'll love it. The acting is very bad and the mosquito effects aren't much better. The only guy that really manages to save this flick is Gunnar Hansen, ho played Leatherface in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and with the help of actor Steve Dixon. Also, the camera work is cheap and grainy and shaky, but i gives it a realistic look to it. And all that B movie gore is still disturbing. Recommended for fans of grainy shit!!
½ November 30, 2015
Ambitious for its budget. It's bad but oh so enjoyable.
½ October 10, 2015
With satisfying amounts of gore and decent special effects, Mosquito is solid B-movie entertainment and offers a solid appearance by Gunnar Hansen, Leatherface from 1974's The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
August 12, 2015
a majority of people have always had fear of mosquitos or just found them plain irritating because of their incessant need to feast on our blood
I'm a part of that majority and this movie makes the concept that much more terrifying
the movie has a very good opening and the premise is setup quite plainly
just barely 5 min in and two of the main characters are the first to come across the giant-proportioned insects after a road run-in
this film is a lot funnier than when I first saw it back on the Sci-Fi channel; not really a whole lot of scares going on, the lines and a majority of the effects range from bad to straight-up laughable, not to mention the score is corny as it can get but it's still freaky
there's a decent number of good kills these things lay waste to
the budget on this certainly shows but can you blame them?
there are some actual well-written characters here which is a nice save and the situation trying to evade these bloodsuckers makes them more likeable than you'd believe
this isn't for everyone but creature-horror fanatics' thirst should be quenched
½ August 10, 2015
Without a doubt the worse movie i have ever seen. They couldn't decide whether they wanted the mosquitoes animated, claymation, or animatronic... so they used all three! I'm sure I have seen better acting on daytime soaps as well.
August 1, 2015
seen it on TV when it came out.. it is awesome..
October 27, 2013
this is one of my favorite movies bloodsucking bugs
May 3, 2013
The only positive about this junk, is Gunnar Hansen - we could have used some Leatherface in this one.
½ March 10, 2013
I remember this as a staple of USA Up All Night. Such a bad movie, but it is fun to watch at the same time. The acting is horrendous. So, so bad. The effects range from impressive to embarrassing. The plot is your typical killer insects movie. Some people get chased around by giant mosquitoes, only to end up fighting them off in a house in the woods like a cheap Night of the Living Dead knockoff. There are tons of references to older horror movies, and this was clearly a movie made with love for the genre, but this particular movie doesn't have too much to offer other than laughs at how horrible it is.
November 11, 2011
wow i am just not interested in this one :P
November 8, 2011
Looks funny, but not what I'm looking for.
June 19, 2011
I consider myself a "B" movie fan so I watched this on Sci Fi. Even for a low budget film this was bad. Horrible, terrible acting (especially the bank robbers) and lousy dialogue lead what is a promising premise (at least for a "B" movie) into the land of exceedingly bad. Not all of the acting was bad - the lead actor and actress were passable. The skeeters were hilarious instead of terrifying. Skip this...
April 21, 2011
óriási szúnyogok, erd', meg meteor
½ August 9, 2010
It will suddenly make you feel qualified to make a movie.
½ June 6, 2010
An alien spaceship crashes in the woods of a american national park and when some mosquitoes begin to suck the blood from the aliens they become big mutated killer mosquitoes that hunts down the people visiting the park. Cheesy and pretty fun horror movie with some decent special effects. Entertaining to watch, but nothing memorable. Still worth seeing if you don't mind some cheesy lines and bad acting. (And if you are a fan of "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" you will love to see Gunnar 'Leatherface' Hansen use a chainsaw again).
April 26, 2010
I probably watched this movie a dozen times and everyone of those times I found the movie very entertaining. I never got bored of it. The more I watched the damn movie, the funnier and better it gets. I mean the plot and script were pretty shitty but the action and the effects were great. And the funny things the actors do in the movie made the movie oh so better. A classic horror film that I will always remember. Mosquitoes as a topic for a movie was pretty retarded I mean who the hell even cares about mosquitoes! But the fact that the movie was so entertaining and made me completely forget about that's proves that the movie was great. I also find it amusing that the director for the movie is a complete stranger! Gary Jones, ring any bells? No. But im surprised that the movie actually turned out great. All in all it was a great movie with a questionable topic
March 30, 2010
After you get past the absurd idea of "alien blood-mutated mosquito monsters, the movie is not that bad. For its time, the special effects were not that bad, and everyone's gonna laugh at the cheesy dialogue. A movie everyone should see at least once.
½ March 17, 2010