Mosquito - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mosquito Reviews

December 24, 2009
Not boring, not cheesy, it looked scary, when you're getting attacked by killer mosquitos.
½ September 15, 2009
Mosquito is the hilariously campy send up of old 50's killer bug flicks, now given a modern 90's twist as an alien spaceship crash lands on Earth in the swamps of a National Park, where mosquitos suck the blood from the alien and grow into large killing machines that go on a rampage in the park, killing just about everyone there (best death: a symbolically sexual death involving a mosquito penetrating a very naked woman's ass with its stinger of death), save for a band of survivors who fight the killer skeeters off in an RV, in a sewer system, and finally in a house sitting over the main nest. Mosquito serves as the directorial debut of Special Effects guy Gary Jones, whose gone on to do plenty of campy horror flicks, both good (Spiders, Crocodile 2: Death Swamp) and VERY bad (Jolly Roger, Planet Raptor). Highlighting the film is none other than the original Leatherface himself, Gunnar Hansen, as one of the survivors, who sports a killer mullet and pays homage to his cult classic Texas Chainsaw Massacre with a very fun tongue in cheek reference! The rest of the cast is notably fun in their roles, taking in all of the campy, yet surprisingly entertaining special effects, which range from mechanical to claymation! Overall, Mosquito isn't going to win any awards. It's a silly, low-budget nature run amok film with all of the components that would make this film more enjoyable with friends and booze rather than deep critical observation. If you don't take it too seriously, you'll probably enjoy the hell out of it like I did. Fun film!
July 24, 2009
As budget horrors go it's not to bad, effects are lame but it's the same formula as day of the dead. bunch of people stuck in a house fighting of mosquitos instead of zombies
July 1, 2009
Possibly the greatest movie where mosquitoes drink the blood of alien corpses and become giant mutants attacking a small community ever?
June 12, 2009
this is the one I had been talking about
February 16, 2009
If this happened that would suck!
½ January 20, 2009
Holy cow is this bad. The acting is so bad, that I think I might have a future in the movie business.
½ July 10, 2008
I only caught the first hour of this on SciFi last night, but what I saw was up there with the likes of Chud II. I hope this is on again so I can finish it!
½ July 10, 2008
Great... they bite bad.........
½ July 9, 2008
the most stupid movie of the cinema story i've ever seen
June 24, 2008
A film for true lovers of cheap and degrading entertainment. Only in the dark depths of cheese can you find a film where mosquitoes suck the blood of an alien that has crashed only to grow giant. Starts off as a kind of slasher, before speeding into a chase and ending Night of the Living Dead style. Gunnar Hansen does well, even if his presence is just to build up to him holding a chainsaw. The effects are charmingly old school, looking stop motion, the blood drain sequence is one of the best reminding me of Raiders of the Lost Arc. The eyes pop out before exploding in a very cartoonish way. The acting is fairly bland and the cheapness does get tiresome towards the end but it's all worth it. Dodgy lines, dodgy effects, dodgy everything. Impressed it sells on eBay for over $100 on DVD.
½ June 22, 2008
I only have two words for this movie,,,

May 30, 2008
Perhaps the best giant bug movie ever made.
Based on a true story.
½ May 21, 2008
An abomination. It resembles a summer camp movie, but the most horrible one ever.
May 13, 2008
I have some love for useless B "animal" movies
Thsi one is in the category "so bad it gets good"
Good in the way you laugh at the horrible piece of junk
useless effects, horrible actors and laughable story

Well it can ofcourse not get more then 1 star..but i think you should check it out anyway if you like these kind of B flicks
Big Plus for Gunnar Hansen in role list!!
April 30, 2008
This is the only movie giant mutated mosquitoes you need to see.
April 3, 2008
This movie is so bad! Everyone should see it! It has the amazing talents of Ron Asheton.
½ February 28, 2008
Unfortunately, it's not one of those "so bad they are funny" movies.
The acting isn't that bad, it's just annoyingly bad.

What I did find funny was how SLOW the characters were and making up excuses to be even dumber.
So they find out a whole group of people have died in a camp, but instead of going to the nearest town calling for help (in their perfectly working car), they just walk around and look at the dead bodies!!!
And then they constantly make up excuses as to why not take their perfectly working car and go to another town!
Then, like 10-15 minuter later, they get the brilliant idea to take the car elsewhere because the mosquito's might come back.
They W-A-L-K S-L-O-W-L-Y to the car.
And then they think their own car isn't good enough, so they get another one, which they also walk to!
Do these people have a death wish or what???
But then when they hear the sound of the mosquito's, 20-30 minutes after first discovering people have been dead, then they suddenly try getting away in a hurry!

I don't know if these people were more stupid than in "Open Water 2" or not.
½ February 12, 2008
Too intentionally goofy. Gunnar Hansen plays it admirably straight, but I'd expect no less from Leatherface.
January 28, 2008
Hokey b-movie/direct to video/tv movie. Special effects are hokey. Only redeming quality are the characters.