Mother Ghost - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mother Ghost Reviews

May 13, 2014
Worth watching. Everyone could relate to some portion of this movie.
May 13, 2014
5 stars for James Franco's 2 minutes... the rest of the movie sucked.
May 13, 2014
This is a horribly written movie. Not funny and not moving at all.
December 19, 2013
I loved it. I didn't know what to expect and it blew me away. I'm a big fan of Mark Thompson, so I bought the movie, and I am very impressed. Good job!
June 11, 2012
This had a lot of depth to it but still seemed to lack something. There were moments in the film that I was bored and did not feel connected to the main character. It also felt like I was merely watching a radio show. Not the worse movie I have ever seen but, for me, this was forgettable. This could be very therapeutic for someone who is dealing with the loss of a parent.
½ June 9, 2012
7/10. Film about a man coming to terms with his grief and anger at losing his mother.
February 21, 2012
Psychological talkfest, where only the charisma of the all-star cast keeps it from dragging. Anyone expecting a ghost story will be disappointed.
xxdebxx
November 5, 2010
In this film the main character Keith (played with emotional nakedness by Mark Thompson) lives in a state of denial as to the effect his mother's death has had upon his ability to function in life. He feels like he has moved on with his life but his wife claims that he has become distant shutting her out and if things don't improve, she will take their only son and leave. Forced with this ultimatum, Keith winds up on the phone with radio Psychiatrist Kevin Pollak, who offers help to Keith and guides him through what he cannot see on his own. Using creative situations and humor, the story propels an otherwise mundane premise into a real treat for the senses as Keith learns much emotional growth in the film, and in turn I feel that he brings that growth to the viewer as well. This one hits the heart deeply and some parts will make you laugh and openly sob.

Featuring some great actors: Kevin Pollak, Dana Delany, Garry Marshall, Charles Durning, David Keith, and even a cameo from James Franco as the guy he talks to just before going live on the radio.
½ October 25, 2010
I saw it and it was a creditable story and plot that brought up issues that all of us face or have faced sometimes in our life.
½ March 29, 2010
Great touching film about a man who can't let go of his mother's death after a year.
June 1, 2009
Overly-earnest film festival fodder with nothing to offer that common sense doesn't already provide.
November 9, 2008