Motherless Brooklyn Reviews

• Karrien
    Dec 31, 2019

The story was interesting but not succinct. The plot progressed too slowly and somewhat unclearly. I felt that the movie was too long and that Alec Baldwin's role was not well-written. Baldwin's talents did not shine. He could have played a stronger and more dramatic role. Ed Norton's character was interesting and well played. Bruce Willis's role was short-lived, and that was a shame.

• marie78
    Dec 20, 2019

Ed Norton is a great actor but this movie lacked a lot including development, purpose and it was far too long. I waited to see it when it made it to the “discount” theater and I still feel cheated (mostly of my time). I constantly checked my watch and even heard a man snoring in the middle of the movie. Please wait for this to hit Netflix or cable.

• Oscar
    Dec 03, 2019

Started out really slow in storyline/plot development. The last 25-30 minutes were very good. Norton’s acting was definitely Oscar worthy.

• Chigako Y
    Dec 01, 2019

if you are live in NYC, u got to see this movie!

if you are live in NYC, u got to see this movie!

• D
    Nov 30, 2019

It was a great detective noir film! Loved the characters and Alex Bladwins bad guy

• JONATHAN V
    Nov 29, 2019

Great movie. Fantastic cast. Unique and compelling screenplay.

Great movie. Fantastic cast. Unique and compelling screenplay.

• Klaus P
    Nov 28, 2019

Fantastic performances by Edward Norton, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Cherry Jones and Bobby Cannavale. Very stylish noir thriller that holds you in suspense for the 2 1/2 hours.

• Linda O
    Nov 26, 2019

A gem of a film. Norton lets the story unfold itself and doesn’t hurry or go for the cliche. Let this movie happen for you. Set dressing alone is worth the trip.

• Josh F
    Nov 24, 2019

This is a brilliant, original adaptation of a brilliant, original novel. And, no, it doesn't "match" — it's an interpretation of the character and the meaning in a different time-setting, all blessed by the author Jonathan Lethem. 20 years of thinking, crafting and interpreting went into this, and it shows in every frame. Crackling dialogue, beautifully acted. Gorgeous production design and photography. An amazing soundtrack. Yes, it's long. Relax. You binge-watch crap that takes more time than this movie. Enjoy the pace. And the thinking it engenders. Superb film.

• Linda