Mother's Day - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mother's Day Reviews

July 18, 2016
Majorly disappointed in the ending. I really wanted to see the mother die a brutal death but she didn't. The bad guys win this one.
July 18, 2016
When you remake one of the 80's worst exploitation sleazy slashers, there's not much you could do to make it worse. This is one of those rare cases where the remake is actually better than the original. It had a surprisingly good cast and likeable characters.
July 6, 2016
A home invasion movie in reverse. It does play a bit with this idea that the home you have was once the home of some seriously messed up people and all they want is their house/property (money) back. Which leads us to a huge problem I have with the film.
So these villains have this money sent to their home and when they show up these new people are living here and they believe that they have stolen their money. They deny it and que; interrogation, torture, and awful things happening to this group of people. The big reveal is that, our main heroine, did in fact have the money and know where it was the whole time. If she had just said, where it was and let them have it, they would have left and all the various cruel tortures her friends experience wouldn't have happened. Everything was easily fixable and yet you chose not to fix it. There's being selfish and there's this. I wonder how tense hanging together for the survivors became after this. Geez.
June 21, 2016
pretty hectic movie but otherwise good
May 28, 2016
Brilliant miss Mornay deliveries with presise execution on character of malevolence and misguided love
February 7, 2016
Mother's Day is one of the best films Ive seen this year! A solid,intense thriller filled with shocking violence,edge of your seat suspense and great performances!! Rebecca De Mornay's ferocious performance alone is enough to recommend the film..Oh, man!! Mother's Day is underrated and should have been released nation wide!It's the kind of remake I support and I love because the original(a troma film) sucked and this remake grabs the original's idea and manifests it into a unforgettable film experience to where the original doesn't exist anymore...and thats ok!:}
½ November 16, 2015
Not bad. Ending was bleak and not what I was expecting. I was hoping for some proper revenge but that wasn't the case. A bit of a twist I suppose.
½ October 20, 2015
not a bad thrill ride if you go in watching it for what it is. the acting isn't terrible and the one who sticks out the most is DE Moray aka Mother. some shocking gore moments that rival some horror movies, only problem is it seems to slow down about 2/3rdz of the way through and takes a bit to pick back up.
September 18, 2015
loved it I want another one!
½ April 15, 2015
Dark and violent film that has somewhat more realistic acting than what is typically found in today's movies. It made me really hate the "bad guys" and sympathize for the victims as per the point of making this. Continued thrills, suspense, and violence all throughout the show. Did I forget to mention the violence?
½ March 5, 2015
Brilliant. A must see for fans of thrillers and edgy satire. So much to enjoy in this one.
½ February 19, 2015
One of my least favorite endings.
½ December 29, 2014
Jotain niin loistavaa, kamalaa, psykoottista ja kieroa. Ai etta <3

(Tama on oikeasti vuodelta 2010)
½ November 5, 2014
A terrific horror movie with good performances good scary gory elements if you want a good horror movie check this out
Grade B+
½ September 30, 2014
I wasn't expecting great things from this remake of an 80's home-invasion movie but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. The film is the ickiest type of horror film, with quite extreme violence which hits home being so realistic but the director maintains the tension throughout and although none of the captives are particularly likeable (except Shawn Ashmore as the doctor) the real reason the film worked for me was the great performance by De Mornay. She's the real reason to see the film and her chilling portrayal of a mad matriarch is briliant. Oh and watch out for an early turn from 'actor of the moment' Frank Grillo.
½ September 18, 2014
Writer Scott Milam you fu***** sadistic pig!
This film really offended me, whoever liked this film they like saddism, like watching people suffer and feel pain.
You dont deserve anything from anyone, just for thinking or/and having the guts to show this to the public.

THIS IS NOT A HORROR FILM, ITS A SADDISTIC FILM (very different)
WATCH OUT!!!
½ September 16, 2014
Bad script, stupid characters.
August 31, 2014
An underwhelming attempt at a Psychological Horror.

23.8.14