The Mountain Men - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Mountain Men Reviews

May 10, 2016
so so 'jeremiah johnson' knock-off
October 24, 2015
Great Movie for the guy's 50 star rating. A must see Movie!
April 9, 2015
Wish these mountain men remained in the mountains unseen.
½ July 27, 2014

"Yup, it's out there, a whole valley of pride and beaver, a man could live easy for the rest of his days."-Bill Tyler (Charlton Heston)
April 29, 2012
i like this older movie
Dorian G.
½ October 9, 2011
To be honest, I picked this movie up just because there was hairy men on the front cover at the Video Store. Who doesn't like a good beard? And as I was watching it I realized,"Hey, it's that voice from Planet of the Apes!" Yep, it was Heston alright. I thought this movie was great! It wasn't as serious as an Eastwood Western and it wasn't overly Hollywood-ized like Tombstone. Don't get me wrong, I freaking love Tombstone. I enjoyed the humor, the love, and the crazy whiskey drinking bearded men without a care in the world. If you like movies like Jeremiah Johnson then you will like this! The Native Americans in this movie are a riot!
½ August 5, 2011
Though it does have its moments and provides sufficient escapism, limited special effects and an incomprehensibly horrible score make Mountain Men one of the cheesiest movies I've ever seen.
August 5, 2011
Charlton Heston make a good Mountain Men.
July 28, 2011
another western that surprised me.
½ April 27, 2011
Just like The Energizer Bunny this movie kept going on & on & on but I just couldn't take anymore & had to shut it off
April 5, 2011
Great mountain man movie with Brian Keith and Charlton Heston. The era right before this lifestyle was waning.
Love story included.
March 6, 2011
1 of the best Damn movies ever!
½ December 25, 2010
I was watching this with a family member, and after twenty minutes I turned it off at the family member's request because it was so bad - there seemed to be no plot, Heston and Keith were loud, unfunny, and unlikable (and naked), and the portrayal of the Native Americans was atrocious. I returned to finish the movie several weeks later - I will watch all movies entirely in order to give them a chance to redeem any missteps. This movie NEARLY made the cut. The final 2/3's of the movie were like watching a different movie entirely. The plot appeared out of thin air, the two title characters gained some depth and the Native Americans were given some honor and humanity. Had the initial twenty minutes been cut out, and the more serious tone of the final part of the movie been expanded, this would have been an exceptional movie. As it stands now, I'd have to tell you to skip it.
½ June 23, 2010
There are very few really good "Mountain Men" movies out, with Jeremiah Johnson being undoubtedly one of the best, if not the best. The scenery is the true star and highlight of the film. Backdrops such as Yellowstone and the Tetons are gorgeous. Both Charlton Heston and Brian Keith are past their prime and it seems to show in this film The mix of drama and humor does not appear to work together, as it seemed missed timed. It felt awkward. The same to be true with many of the action sequences as well. The choreography of the sequences are either rushed or not practiced enough. Skip The Mountain Men and watch Jeremiah Johnson instead. It will provide a similar story line, more edge of the seat drama, with great acting, cinematography, and enjoyment!
½ December 12, 2009
Always makes me wish I was there.......
June 19, 2009
One of my all time favorites!
March 28, 2009
No thankyou - Not interested
½ November 26, 2008
This was a good movie that didn't catch on, probably because of its boring name. I watched this movie being filmed in Jackson Hole, Wyoming in 1979. The working title at that time was "Wind River." Brian Keith gives the performance of his life in this.
September 16, 2008
Film cekildiginde 1 yasindaymisim. Yillar gecmis , teknolojinin yardimiyla 29'umuzda seyredebildik. Birbirleri ile mucadele eden kizilderililer , onlarin arasinda kalan ve gecimini hayvan kurku ile kazanan bir adamin oykusu. Konunun islenisi biraz daginikta olsa gorsellik ve asiriya kacmadan verilmis bir macera ile 80'lerin basinda iyi bir film.