Movie 43 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Movie 43 Reviews

August 12, 2016
I loved this movie. Some of the shorts were less funny than others, but all of them had something to offer. My favorite was the home schooled teen. I could hardly breathe during that one, I was laughing so hard. I know this movie has gotten a lot of negative reviews -- and I attribute that to an unfortunate inability to appreciate satire. This film sends up a multitude of different film-related and social scenarios, and that's what makes it funny. It's not everyone's type of humor, but I do hope that those critics who enjoyed this movie actually said so, and were not inhibited from doing so by their cohorts' negative reactions.
August 9, 2016
Simios con una camara, grabado las asquerosidades de otros simios.
½ July 16, 2016
this wack movie was trending on 7/16/16..why? i dunno. its crappy sketch comedy made into a movie
July 14, 2016
A series of short films with the back drop of computer geeks trying to find the scariest film of all time.
July 11, 2016
Can't believe how many bad reviews this movie had, I really like it. Great actors, silly and offensive short stories, is not the funniest or greatest movie but it's definitely not the worst like it's seems in here.
July 5, 2016
En la tradición de películas como "Kentucky Fried Movie" o "Amazon Women On The Moon", llega "Movie 43" una colección de sketches cómicos dirigidos por los hermanos Farrelly, Elizabeth Banks, Steve Carr, Steven Drill, Bob Odenkirk y otros más. El hilo conductor de la cinta nos muestra cómo tres adolescentes buscan por internet una supuesta película prohibida llamada "Movie 43" y en el camino encuentran fragmentos de varias cintas supuestamente censuradas. Dichos fragmentos son protagonizados por actores de la talla de Kate Winslet, Hugh Jackman, Uma Thurman, Richard Gere, Emma Stone, Naomi Watts, Justin Long, Jason Sudeikis, Kristen Bell, Chris Pratt, Chloe Grace Moretz y Terrence Howard, entre otros. Aunque los fragmentos son irregulares (algunos muy graciosos e ingeniosos y otros no tanto), es refrescante encontrar una comedia arriesgada que busca explorar tabúes como la coprofilia, la zoofilia, la menarquia, el incesto, la autoestimulación, los vellos púbicos, el uso de la mujer como objeto sexual y otros temas más que escandalizarán a los mojigatos y puritanos (y créanme, actualmente son muchos). Por mi parte, considero que este es un trabajo que vale la pena. Quedan advertidos.
½ July 4, 2016
it desperately WANTS to be Amazon Women on the Moon, but except for the Tampax commercial it falls flat
½ June 14, 2016
A VERY VERY VERY bad movie just a bunch of bad sketches back to back and bad acting and its not funny. So do NOT! watch Movie 43. Also it has NO plot.
June 11, 2016
It does what it does. You need a very specific and twisted humour. Which I have.
½ May 1, 2016
Seriously painful to watch. Stil can't understand how those big names wandered into that mess.
½ April 25, 2016
Absolutely depressing. It's what they would show Malcolm Mcdowell in A Clockwork Orange when he's tied down to a seat with his eyes clamped open.
½ April 25, 2016
Weird, cringe-worthy, scatological - and in most parts downright bad. How on earth they got all these big name stars in it, is quite amazing.
April 18, 2016
It was bad... but not nearly as bad as I assumed it would be.
April 14, 2016
If you like comedy than this film is for you. BIG NAMES & BIG LAUGHS! It is truly a hidden gem of a movie. If you are lacking a sense of humour like the critics then don't watch it.
½ April 7, 2016
0 stars for this crappie film
April 3, 2016
Not every skit was earth shattering, but there were some brilliant points to be made here! Absurd: of course! How else to treat some of the most absurd parts of our accepted culture but with an equal dose of absurdity! Brilliantly poignant! Perhaps especially the iBabe, Homeschooled, and Middleschool Date (menstruation) skits, for their jab at the mindless, pathological corporatization of our lives, our brutal institutionalized education system, and misogyny, respectively! Some very funny moments to boot -- assuming you don't take yourself and life too seriously...

The Catch, admittedly, had me a little unnerved, which is great! Hard to do with something so basically banal. Nicely done. And a little insightful social commentary to boot.

Propositioned was ok. But maybe you can see here, more than anywhere, how this movie was targeted to the mainest of the main stream. And that's it's biggest flaw: that "underground" themes were presented to the masses. If it's not Marvel or DC, so we don't want it.

Veronica was ok.

Super Hero Dating: This was just some good old SNL fun!

Machine Kids: Felt disturbed. Powerful! Loved it! Kid with tear running down her face: brutal!

Happy Birthday (the leprechaun): meh.

Truth or Dare: not bad. A few good laughs. Nice light social commentary. (mind you, blowing out blind kid's candles: brilliant!)

Victory's Glory: Some good hard laughs on this one! Good social commentary too. The final free throw was nice touch!

Beezel: no social commentary, but another good one for SNL...
½ April 3, 2016
The worst movie I have ever seen
½ March 12, 2016
I thought this movie was hilarious. Very underrated. I believe not enough people have seen this movie. It certainly is in a category of it's own or at the most a very few.
½ March 8, 2016
No....just no. What the hell did I just watch?
½ March 3, 2016