Movie 43 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Movie 43 Reviews

½ March 1, 2016
Loved it! Thought it was hilarious!!
February 29, 2016
Wildly inappropriate with flashes of comedic genius.
February 24, 2016
Great cast, maybe 2 funny skits, and that's all...the rest is kinda garbage
½ February 21, 2016
This movie is like Saturday Night Live of today; mediocre skits, performances done by countless iconic celebrities put to waste, humor that falls flat so much with 0 punchlines set up for one joke. Easily the worst movie I have ever seen in my life, hands down, no comparison. It is worse than The Room, Birdemic, Food Fight, Batman & Robin, and countless other bad flicks. Send this movie to the volcanic pit of Mount Doom before another innocent soul has to see it.
½ February 7, 2016
Not my type of film. It was unnecessary to be so gory and crude. Great actors in it, but no performance came close to saving this movie.
February 3, 2016
really enjoyed this - pushes the boundaries & doesn't kowtow to political correctness!!
½ February 1, 2016
This movie is a national embarrassment. This is not a movie. This is a loose collection of half assed ideas. I almost want to blame everyone in this movie and ask why they did it? But seeing all these people in this movie, I'm convinced this was someone calling in a favor. Maybe it was like the nephew of a distribution company.

The plot is about as lazy as you can get for a movie. A crazed Dennis Quaid is pitching these rejected MadTV sketches to Greg Kinnear. Forcing Kinnear to listen at gunpoint, until some little moment between Kinnear and Common becomes the focus of the plot. The end of the movie becomes the "a movie about filming a movie" trope, someone yells cut and then it just kind of ends. But then there's another short. And then it ends.

Everyone of the shorts is directed by someone else. So there is zero continuity in between any of the scenes. Yes, by the movie's standard, this is a crazy person writing these, but actually it is not because they break fourth wall at the end. So Quaid isn't actually crazy, they are filming a movie in which Quaid plays a crazy person. So what's the point of that? To tell you that you watched shitty comedic sketches for an hour all because it was a dream...er....it was all a movie? Boo.

All these shorts reminded me of horrible improv scenes. The scene between Knoxville and Stiffler is the one that comes to mind. The scene starts with these guys as bros who live together. Knoxville apologizes for fucking Stiffler's girlfriend. Then Knoxville makes a joke about his apology. But this douchebag has a surprise for Stiffler. Knoxville captured a leprechaun for Stiffler so he could have the best birthday ever. This is going to be the best day ever. WOOOOO.

Pretty much every other skit was the same. But let's not skip over some important cinematic performances. For example, Hugh Jackman having CGI balls on his neck and Kate Winslet agreeing to be in a scene where Hugh Jackman has balls for chins. There was Halle Berry smashing guacamole with her tit and Stephen Merchant becoming a racist asian stereotype. There was the cartoon cat that wanted to fuck Josh Duhamel.

Even when there were laughs, the scene would go an extraordinary length to kill its own joke. Terrance Howard is a coach of an all black basketball team in the 1950s. The whole joke is that the students are unsure of their skills as this is the first white team they are playing, and basically Terrance Howard is just reinforcing the stereotype that black people can outball white people. Okay concept, but this sketch lasted so long. This reminded me of a reject Chappelle show sketch.

Every scene of this movie is offensive. Whether it be because of how offensively stereotypical or juvenile the comedy is, or just how lazy the dialog or the filming is.
½ January 29, 2016
I could not watch this movie for more than 10 minutes. Which is sad considering its great ensamble cast.
½ January 16, 2016
Very raunchy, but has it's share of entertaining and funny moments, spread throughout.
January 15, 2016
Movie 43 easily take the cake for being "Worst Movie with a Great Cast."
½ January 15, 2016
A film excellent, clever, funny and with outstanding actors. The haters who cry that is infamous movies have mostly not understood the purpose of the film.

And no, the actors were not trapped to turn.
January 13, 2016
I can't even deal right now
½ December 27, 2015
Getting the seal of approval for actually being funny. Hugh Jackman's ball neck killed me.
December 15, 2015
I laughed maybe once or twice. Even the premises that have promise struggle and eventually flop.
December 13, 2015
I think, despite the terrible reviews, movie 43 is hilarious and extremely entertaining and there are so many great celebrities it's great.
December 11, 2015
brilliantly written a few o f the jokes went over my head but i didnt like how racist the film wa as i meen hallie buries role could of easily bin played by a whiter persion
November 30, 2015
as stupid films go, this one is quality. loads of silly, yet hilarious little jokes
full of bad taste. loved it!
November 30, 2015
don't believe the bad rating. This movie is AWESOME!!!
½ November 22, 2015
I think people don't appreciate this movie because they don't realize it's actually meant to be beyond stupid. If it were a normal movie gone bad, I'd understand the criticism, but I think it's a total success in stupidity achievement. Total nonsense. Loved it. Almost vomited too.
½ November 21, 2015
A horrifyingly terrible misfire with so much talent yet so little laughs and fun. Movie 43 is a cautionary tale on the disastrous results of an overly ambitious project.