Moving Violations - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Moving Violations Reviews

½ May 4, 2010
What a disappointment. I saw this movie as a kid on HBO, and I've been trying to watch it again forever. I finally do and it sucked. I laughed very few times. I hate when I ruin a childhood memory.
April 15, 2010
Jag kan nog skippa alla framtida försök att framstå som en seriös människa för jag tyckte att den här helbänga åttiotals-crazykomedin av folket bakom Polisskolan var riktigt, riktigt kul! John Murray är dryg på ett nästan lika roligt sätt som Chevy Chase, varför var han inte med i fler filmer? Kalla mig gammalmodig men ibland kan jag komma att sakna det Opretantiösa Flabbet som humorform (fast i det Opretantiösa Flabbets glansdagar vore såklart humorhöjdpunkter som The Sarah Silverman Program, Stella, Kids in the Hall, The Office etc. omöjligheter)
½ March 31, 2010
This silly 80's comedy manages to maintain a goofy charm through most of its running time.
John Murray channels his brother Bill's smart-aleck coolness, mixes it with a little bit of Corey Feldman and ends up with a comfortably familiar character who takes it all in stride with a quip.
Jennifer Tilly, in her very first lead performance on the big screen, plays a ditzy NASA rocket scientist who forgets her glasses are already on her face.
Neal Israel, writer of 'Police Academy', sticks to the same formula here, providing a group of lovable losers including; a nearly blind elderly lady, a single father of two, and a horror film buff- and the plot revolves around them working together to stick it to 'the man' (Keach) that wants to sell their cars at auction and take away their driver's licenses.
The film was surprisingly entertaining, though often ridiculous. A perfect movie for fans of "Summer School", "Meatballs", and the aforementioned "Police Academy".
January 24, 2010
I found this floating on Netflix tonight and had to watch it for the first time in what seems forever. Screwball comedy of "things that don't happen in real life", this movie is like"Cannonball Run" on feet (since all the cars are impounded). I used to watch this movie all the time as a kid and I'm pleasantly surprised to see that it has held up well against time.
December 20, 2009
When I was younger I thought this was a riot (hence its PG-13 rating) but as I watched this as I got older not so much (John Murray is no Bill Murray) so if you want a better 'police comedy' then check out Night Patrol our even the first Police Academy (none of its sequels though; they suck ass)
½ December 14, 2009
Good cast. Good comedy with props, driving stunts, and a great finale.. There's not a movie like it and it has more than the basics done.
December 4, 2009
Apart from a few funny (if overly predictable) gags, this was a surprisingly weak film. Stick to Stripes, Animal House, Caddyshack, or Porky's, instead.
½ November 19, 2009
A not-funny movie about driving school. A motley crew of people are thrown into driving school after receiving traffic tickets. They learn there is a conspiracy to stop them from passing, so they enact their revenge. I think Lt Dangle got his image from the main cop in this film. Not the movie I thought I remembered from the 80s.
½ October 29, 2009
This movie is still funny today.I love the Wheres The Beef Lady
September 26, 2009
I shouldn?t have enjoyed it as much as I did, but it did make me laugh on numerous occasions. John Murray is very funny in the lead role and Jennifer Tilly is a delight as well. Clara Peller has a good bit too. Nothing deep or significant, just good fun.
September 26, 2009
September 17, 2009
It's like someone asked the question, let's get every famous actor's sibling and cast them. John Murray, brother of Bill trying to impersonate his brother's attitude but coming off more like a wiseacre, is one of many sentenced to traffic school after losing their licenses and their cars impounded. The school is taught by a hardass cop, rightfully demoted, played by James Keach, husband of Jane Seymour and brother of Stacey Keach. While there, Murray mets and falls in love with Jennifer Tilly, back when she was still sweet and innocent before her breasts took over. She plays a NASA rocket scientist, which itself is a joke. Not much of a plot and the acting is so-so, but it's worth watching for a laugh.
September 16, 2009
a really funny movie though its pretty old.......i liked it
August 10, 2009
odd cast..everyone is related to someone more famous.
July 8, 2009
I remember watching this a million times when I was a kid. I haven't seen this in years and it is still as funny. Great funny 80's film!!!
½ June 20, 2009
Everything about this movie is flat and the whole thing is boring.
March 31, 2009
omg this movie is friggin hillarious!
March 27, 2009
Fun to watch with Dave but I probably wouldn't have seen it otherwise.
March 2, 2009
An enjoyable 80s comedy starring the brother of Bill Murray and the brother of Stacy Keach. You also got a young Jennifer Tilly, two dudes from The Burning, and Marty's sister from Back to the Future. Then, for toppers they throw in Fred Willard.
If your into curios and obscure (and not so obscure) comedy character actors, this is the one for you. A niche market to say the least, but still a fun watch.
January 21, 2009
A very funny movie to watch, especially the chemistry between Dana and the Traffic School teachers... You'll be laughing every minute of it.

"Sit down before I mold your face into an ashtray."
"See, all you had to do was ask nicely."