Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle Reviews

• 1d ago

The plot is similar to the Disney film but possibly slightly better. However it lacks the CGI brilliance and charming warmth of the Disney film which is overall the far superior film. Still, not too shabby.

• May 23, 2020

Mowgli is one of these very known childhood movies that I never actually known or watched.. So I decided to give this lovely remake a try, and it was lovely indeed The director is obviously talented with making these animals look as real and emotional as characters should be Actor playing Mowgli is super cute and also talented as well Characters are real , movie is real , but what was a little poor was the main story.. The strength of focusing on showing the feeling of belonging was so real in the beginning but it didn't manage to last long at the end of it But all in all I enjoyed the movie even if it lacked a little work in some details

• May 14, 2020

Annoying child, he keeps making mistakes over and over again. You would expect he got at least some character development but even that doesn't happen. Horrible movie!

• Apr 12, 2020

meh; this wasn't bad, but it wasn't great.

meh; this wasn't bad, but it wasn't great.

• Apr 08, 2020

It was sad, terrible, violent, and really sad. (I know I said sad twice.) I really wish I hadn't watched it.

• Mar 31, 2020

Bad movie, bad cgi, not worth watching

Bad movie, bad cgi, not worth watching

• Mar 25, 2020

This was a terribly depressing movie and only had three seconds of good, positive moments at the end but that wasn't enough to make up for the hour and a half of depressing and devastating events that occurred. Would not recommend to anyone unless they don't have a heart and don't care about animals dying.

• Feb 14, 2020

Straight off the bat Mowgli has an inspired voice cast, all of whom give truly excellent voice work, which is cleverly incorporated into character animations; the actor's faces used as touchstones to morph these animals and actors together. It's really tremendous work, the ragged veteran of Serkis' Baloo and Bale's rich, old Hollywood style Bagheera and Cumberbatch's Khan are highlights. But beyond the jarring but pleasingly anthropomorphic animal cast, the remainder of the VFX seems to have been left until last because the flora and some other plates are doughy and misty and plasticky. In terms of the rest of the cast, it's odd considering Kipling's views on colonialism to hear such a crisp English sounding Brown kid. However he is quite good and his moments of rage are authentic. Immediately, however, some elements of the lore are confusing; such as the laws surrounding which animals can talk and which can't, why the monkeys are siding with Shere Khan, and the reasons why they didn't just send Mowgli back to the village? These questions take you out of the movie which is less than idea. And using Cate Blanchett with a cringey attempt at rekindling the success of Lord of the Ring's opening voice over falls a little flat. But aside from the that, and some dodgy pacing issues where the stakes aren't set, and the path forwards isn't easy to see, the story isn't just a retread of Disney's one. Overall there are many fantastically conceived scenes, the one where Shere Khan is at the watering hole and Mowgli underneath for one, and the conclusion of the race for another, but the film does not end up being the sum of its excellent parts and as a whole doesn't manage to build sufficiently into anything interesting or important. It doesn't say anything really where it absolutely could have done. I think it's kind of pleasurable and refreshing to see a Jungle Book movie where you know the broad beats and the fun is how Serkis and co. have twisted it to fit their story. It's just unfortunate that their story is just designed so that some bloody good actors can do some bloody good acting and be turned into some bloody good animals. And that's about it.

• Feb 07, 2020

Horrible adaptation, I would never tell anyone of this movie unless i was shitting on it. too scary for even me, and definitely too scary for any children.

• Feb 01, 2020

Skipped this one when it came out, but pleasantly surprised. I feel like this is what the Lion King reboot wanted to