Mr. Destiny - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mr. Destiny Reviews

August 25, 2016
Loved it .... thought it was rather cute. I find James B-E-L-U-S-H-I (note the correct spelling ... no "C" ... it is "H") quite charming.
August 18, 2016
Businessman meets magical bartender who shows him how his life could've been in this flat and tired melodramatic fantasy.
March 25, 2015
It rips off a classic but it's funny and well meaning enough to warrant a watch.
½ August 1, 2014
Pleasant variation on It's a Wonderful Life with some very young stars who would become big names.
December 26, 2013
My Favorite Comedy Film Is 1933's Duck Soup.
April 11, 2013
There's been a ton of 'It's a Wonderful Life' rip offs, but I wanted to be reminded of the time where James Belushi and Jon Lovitz were actually popular, for whatever reason. It baffled me when I was younger, and it baffles me even more now. The movie is awful in every way, but Michael Caine somehow manages to come away unscathed. Unfortunately, 'Mike' couldn't change the outcome of the film.
½ February 24, 2013
Fake barf for a birthday gift. That's friendship.
February 22, 2013
Good clean fun and very entertaining
½ January 27, 2013
The blandness just leaps off the screen, doesn't it?
December 17, 2012
This is an entertaining pleasent fantasy comedy about a man named Larry Burrows (James Belushi), who doesn't realized he has a good life. After getting fired from his job for trying to find out why employees are getting layed off for the company, he works for. Then one night, while his car breaks out on his 35th birthday. He decides to have a drink in the bar and he meets an mysterious bartender (Two Time Oscar-Winner:Michael Caine). Larry always wonder what his life would have been liked if he just hit that baseball 20 years earlier. This bartender actually grained his wish, he gets to live this alternative lifestyle but he has an different wife, two children, a former best friend and a mistress to control! Belushi makes this movie fun to watch and Caine certainly adds class in his supporting role. Linda Hamliton plays Burrows' wife in his unalternative life. It is an underrated Belushi movie along with "Taking Care of Business", which both of these movies came out that same year!
½ December 13, 2012
This movies plot is kind of interesting. Decent movie, nothing too amazing.
December 7, 2012
Worth finding and watching!
July 22, 2012
good movie but makes you wonder would your life be different because of one action? This shows you what could happen and maybe you wont be happy with everything.
January 30, 2012
much like taking care of business which also stars belushi . mr destiny is fish out of water story.. ive been a fan of this film since it came out and its always been a feel good movie for me , so my rating is biased ..
½ January 4, 2012
Belushi being Belushi.
August 14, 2011
I love this movie (don't care if it got bad reviews)!
½ June 14, 2011
"Ever hear the story that starts 'This guy walks into a bar'? Well I am that guy, and this is my story." Full of catchy one liners and generally likeable characters, Mr. Destiny brings a smile to my face each time I watch it. Highly recommended to pull you out of even the worst bad mood.
May 22, 2011
Old school movie from when I was a kid! Thought it was great then, not so much now, but it's ok.
½ March 13, 2011
It was a good movie.
It was a diffrent kind of movie I usually watch.
July 25, 2010
Twee fable with a good balance of fantasy and comedy. Not a classic of "It's A Wonderful Life" preportions, but an enjoyable, fun watch.