Mr. Rice's Secret - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mr. Rice's Secret Reviews

½ January 16, 2016
Bowie has a small but pivotal role in this coming of age drama. Interesting things to say about mortality.
½ May 21, 2014
Someone deserves the grand prize for persuading David Bowie to participate in this minor drama .The movie is bland and ordinary and kinda stupid.
March 9, 2013
Loved this movie! Great watch, David Bowie did a marvelous job!
May 31, 2012
Loved this movie and the incredible story it told. The acting was very solid. One of the best family movies I've seen in quite a while.
½ May 13, 2012
March 28, 2012
it is a good film with a great message live your life and don't regret anything
October 27, 2011
It's what you do in life that counts.
****************

Mr. Rice's Secret is a wonderful opportuitity to explore the
imporantance each of us represents in Life. No matter how long
or short your life is; it's what you do while your here that
counts. How you treat others and what you believe in. I liked
the moral this story left me with. Be true to yourself and each
other.Rejoice in every moment you have been given.
June 11, 2011
Pretty cool. Really creepy at times. I would have liked to have seen a lot more of David Bowie throughout the film.
½ March 18, 2011
½ August 25, 2010
Lordy Lou, not even the presence of Bowie can save this smarmy drama. It so wanted to be Stand By Me but really failed on pretty much every. single. level. No clue as to why Bowie would have even signed up for this. Here is prime example at just how horrible this is, granted, I know kids can be mean, but really, what group of kids is going to beat up another kid, who has cancer and is going through chemo? Skip it... not even a hardcore Bowie fan should submit themselves to this glorified After School Special.
November 17, 2009
Sweet well meaning film with a good moral. It's a family oriented film, and one that older kids and adults would like. Good performances from everyone, including the kids. Nicely done. It's not exceptional in any way but it works.
August 28, 2009
Great movie! Love the store to this one an the things that you can learn from it as well.
½ June 19, 2009
The characters were irritating, the story predictable, and it was altogether rather dull. I didn't like it, nor outright hate it, instead I was just disappointed.
½ June 10, 2009
A vaguely promising premise proves to be a predictable, unoriginal moral tale which tries all-too-transparently to teach the life lesson we all saw coming from the first scene.
January 26, 2009
lovely film of a boy who is ill and gets help from mr.rice
½ August 14, 2007
A step above the after school special formula, but loved it because of Bowie.
August 1, 2007
david bowie in top form!
½ June 5, 2007
A very spiritual and uplifting movie. Bowie really did well with his mysterious like personality.
CloudIsAMonkey
May 21, 2007
Ooh, a secret. Now I HAVE to watch it...
½ March 13, 2007
Great men can come in small packages. Clues such as a medieval code ring, a treasure map and a message written in secret code lead a young man with cancer on a treasure hunt that will bring him one step closer to his destiny-which may save his life. The strength of the movie lies in its humanity. A great story with a magical twist!