Mr. Rice's Secret - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mr. Rice's Secret Reviews

½ March 13, 2007
A nice family film. I think it was originally titled 'Exhuming Mr Rice', but they scrapped that haha. Its a good story about a boy suffering with Hodgkin's disease. He finds himself set on an adventure to discover the secret of the late Mr Rice
February 6, 2007
Sweet well meaning film with a good moral. It's a family oriented film, and one that older kids and adults would like. Good performances from everyone, including the kids. Nicely done. It's not exceptional in any way but it works.
October 21, 2006
This is a pretty Kool movie
May 12, 2006
This is one of my all time favourite films, its well worth seeing!
May 20, 2004
I had this movie on my DVR and it sat there for about a month... because it took four tries to get through it without falling asleep. This movie [i]means well [/i]- it has a unique story and a good (if unknown, aside from David Bowie) cast. But again, like so many movies out there, I just couldn't bring my self to care for any of these people. I'm not entirely sure what I'd do to fix this movie - while it's not really that [i]good[/i], it's not exactly [i]bad [/i]either. Of course, the fact that two of the characters are children with cancer is a downer and the "see it coming from a mile away" ending doesn't help. See it if you want, but don't blame me if you don't like it.