Mr. Roosevelt Reviews

• Sep 09, 2019

Most unlikeable main character in a movie, maybe ever. The only thing that makes this movie funny is how cliché the storyline is (so bad it's good kinda thing). Indie cringe at its finest. Had the main character died instead of the cat I would've enjoyed it more.

• May 25, 2019

Talented acting cast but the story was very thin for me. It was weird in that way that makes you anxious and uncomfortable to watch it.

• May 15, 2019

Sadly, lack of talent is not enough!!!!

Sadly, lack of talent is not enough!!!!

• Feb 10, 2019

This movie was painful,even the story line is thin. You need to get past the contrived to make a mark in the world of Independent Films.

• Dec 29, 2018

Famous writer Thomas Wolfe said, "You can never go home again. " The chief figure in this movie is a young woman who has been chasing success in Los Angeles. She had been trying to bolster her career, but must now return home for a family emergency. Upon arrival to her old home she discovers very big changes have happened. Things are very different.

• Jul 06, 2018

I really liked this movie. I thought all the leads did well and the movie was well done. I liked how the ridiculous (living with the ex, fountain swimming party, the dinner clothes, the wake etc) was interwoven with very real feelings and emotional conflict. I also laughed out loud at times, so that's great too. It's not a laugh out loud all the way through film, but it does what it sets out to do. Pour a glass of wine and enjoy. Well done.

• May 28, 2018

Strengths: If you've seen Master of None, then you know how good Noel Wells (Emily Martin) is. Here, she wears three hats, as a writer, director, and lead actress. And yes, she wears them all well. As a director, it's a promising start for her career in that role. The acting is just as on point as it was in Master of None. The writing is sharp, witty, and never tries too hard. It's insightful without going over the top. Britt Lower (Celeste) is fantastic as Emily's ex's new girlfriend. She plays the character well, knowing to toe the line between someone with a big heart and someone who can come across as absurd. She's part of what makes the writing work so well. It's interesting to see something that a lot of people take for granted, the death of a pet, and turn it into a life changing experience. Weaknesses: As strong as the two female leads are, the male is kind of just there. Nick Thune (Eric Kline) doesn't do anything to stick out from the rest of the pack. For a comedy, this isn't one of the funniest films around. There are very few moments that make you laugh. While the script is good, it does feel like it tries too hard on some of the jokes. I understand a lead being a flawed character, but Emily comes across as totally unlikable at several points throughout the film, making it hard to root for her. Overall: While I don't think it should be at 100% on Rotten Tomatoes, this is a good movie. It certainly has its flaws, but it still manages to have enough wit and charm to make it an enjoyable watch.

• May 05, 2018

As hyperactive as this film is, it's simply doesn't have enough real laughs.

As hyperactive as this film is, it's simply doesn't have enough real laughs.

• Apr 03, 2018

Fabulous, well-made, insightful movie about young adults.

Fabulous, well-made, insightful movie about young adults.

• Mar 19, 2018

I have watched this film many times since it's release.I already cite it as a favourite.The characters are awesome and the story is very sweet.Highly recommended.