Mr. Woodcock - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mr. Woodcock Reviews

½ March 8, 2014
Its concept was good enough but the execution is painfully unfunny featuring Sean Scott acting like a jackass throughout the movie. Its a low brow and mean spirited movie without a shred of decent comedy
February 10, 2014
I thought it was funny except the ending
½ January 19, 2014
Mr. Woodcock egy hülye. Farley egy bolond. Íme, ebb?l áll egy film.
November 27, 2013
Never Forget The Past...
½ October 13, 2013
Embarrassing, even Seann William Scott admits its not his finest hour. (And 27 minutes).
September 10, 2013
This movie was stupid.
September 4, 2013
Horribly awkward and uninteresting. Thornton is not a favourite.
August 26, 2013
It featues a few laugh out loud moments and the premise of the movie is a good one but the execution lets down the overall concept. If only it could have been a little more awkward. I could really see this being made far funnier by self hating British comedians. That said its not bad and I'd definately watch it again.
½ August 14, 2013
What went wrong here? Why didn't the directing talents of Gillespie, the charm of Scott, and the hilarity of Thornton add up to make a perfect comedy? The secret to this deadpan (but not in a good way) comedy is the piss-poor writing by two guys who have since gone on to do nothing. Hell, Thornton and Scott were actually worried about this film ending their careers WHILE it was being filmed! That's got to tell you at least one thing: do NOT see Mr. Woodcock.
½ July 10, 2013
One of those movies that squanders an interesting concept to such a degree that it causes frustration, then you just forget it exists.
July 4, 2013
At times I found myself enjoying this, but then it ended and I can't recall any of the parts that made me laugh. But I don't have this feeling of hate, so I know that it didn't totally suck. I am exactly the same as I was before it even started. 90 minutes I will never remember or think about again.
July 1, 2013
A chubby kid who was bullied by his principle is now grown up and wrote a book and is famous. Now to his surprise his mom is going out with the gym teacher. He knows what a jerk the teacher is and wants to break them up. Sean William Scott and billy bob Thornton worked together well and were really funny. Thornton plays the role as a jerk really well and at the same time comes off at times pretty humorous. Susan Sarandon was another bonus because I think she is a very talented actress. This is a very funny and entertaining comedy.
May 5, 2013
Had some good laughs. It was quite worrying that I could identify with Sean William Scott's character so much... I am a broken man.
April 20, 2013
I wanted to watch a good comedy such as Wayne's World, Office Space, etc. But my friends wanted to watch this terrible, laugh-less, and it is a complete waste of time. Avoid watching at all costs.

April 18, 2013
Was ok... Nothing special and once again Billy Bob Thornton and Seann William Scott played themselves the only thing they seem to be able to do. Still better than doing nothing for an hour and a half.
March 26, 2013
Typical Thornton, it was alright.
½ March 8, 2013
like it, billy bob its so bad
March 8, 2013
Some parts were good , the actual situation situation of having your mom married your most hated teacher is quite funny. I had a good time watching it
March 7, 2013
This wasn't as bad as I thought it would be...don't know if I'd really recommend it but at least if it's playing on a plane, it prolly won't make you want to kill yourself.
½ February 10, 2013
Mr. Woodcock's only funny moment is what is probably the best getting-catapulted-off-a-treadmill scene ever filmed. The rest is just a pathetic, flaccid family affair. If I didn't want to do Susan Sarandon so badly, I would have turned it off halfway through.