Mrs. Caldicot's Cabbage War - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mrs. Caldicot's Cabbage War Reviews

February 5, 2018
Just watched this 16 yr old film & thought it was cute. I enjoyed it.
½ July 21, 2017
Unrealistic hogwash. It is a feel good piece. Ultimately it promises to be nice to elderly folk. What a crock.
May 11, 2014
wow ummmm just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a good movie 2 watch........its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie......i think that sheila reid (from the brilliant tv series Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.), gwenllian davies, anna wilson jones (from the brilliant tv series misfits), peter capaldi (from the brilliant tv series Doctor Who), pauline collins (from the brilliant tv series Doctor Who), play good roles/parts thorughout this movie......i think that the director of this art house/international/comedy movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie.......i think that john alderton - the real life partner of Pauline Collins, was brilliant throughout this movie.......its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie......i think that tony robinson (from the brilliant tv series black adder) was brilliant throughout this movie in his cameo as he was so funny throughout this movie........i think that martin jarvis (from the brilliant tv series Doctor Who) was brilliant throughout this movie.......i think that Peter Capaldi as Derek was great thorughout this movie......i think that this is such a really powerful drama movie 2 watch i think that this is such a really sad movie 2 watch but its such a really enjoyable movie 2 watch its got a good cast throughout this movie.......its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie......i think that Isla Blair as Matron was good thorughout this movie.......i think that Angela Bruce as Gina was good thorughout this movie......i think that this is such a really well written/acted/directed movie 2 watch its such a really enjoyable movie 2 watch its got a good cast throughout this movie....its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie......its got a good cast throughout this movie its such an enjoyable movie 2 watch its got a good cast throughout this movie its such an enjoyable movie 2 watch........
June 21, 2009
Surprisingly good, heartwarming Sunday afternoon fare. Pauline Collins is ace as the OAP's Spartacus. Feels a bit like a Disney kind of thing for adults.
July 7, 2008
this film is soo funny and it is boss!
July 5, 2008
Haha this was so funny! definately reccommed it :):):)
½ June 19, 2008
This story of older generation versus the younger is a pleasant watch but not much more. It's quite a timid affair throughout and is probably best enjoyed by the generation portryaed.
June 16, 2008
TV Guide describes this as a weak comedy. I wouldn't have said it was weak. Amusing certainly, but not a bellyfull of laughs. I like the film cos there are enough people out there who live with their partners for the sake of it, who they despise. There are people out there who put on show for the public but misery goes on indoors. And there are people who are quick to place their parent into a OAP home before they are ready. Its a pleasant comedy and worth a watch.
½ June 16, 2008
Really enjoyable, although totally unrealistic.
June 15, 2008
Not bad for a Sunday afternoon flick
June 15, 2008
An ok film for a Sunday afternoon, but I don't think I'd want to watch it agin.
May 6, 2008
I saw a part of this whilst laying in an MRI apparatus. I'd like to see the rest of it, too, as it seemed quite funny.
October 6, 2007
Not bad, but hardly a star movie. Some real good comedy with Pauline Collins and the rest of the residents, but its one you could easily miss.
August 16, 2007
Great story about tenacity and humour in the face of dogged opposition. Very funny.
½ June 27, 2007
really suprising film in the sense its low budget and by the reading of the plot you would expect it to be rubbish. In all honesty it is farfetched at times but there is an enduring quality made thanks mostly to the great performances of the entire cast. Definitly worth watching
½ June 16, 2007
Old people rebelling, bring it on!
June 4, 2007
whene you need something funny about people of my age .....
March 26, 2007
This is a good movie, has some pretty funny bits in it. It made me angry how people just walked all over the lady in the movie! I'm glad she got her revenge and triumped at the end of the movie! LOL!
February 23, 2007
I liked this it was funny, cant remember it fully but what I do remember it was good.
December 15, 2006
this movie is soooo cool.
well, at least i remember it to be!!!