Mrs. Santa Claus - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mrs. Santa Claus Reviews

December 26, 2016
I am obsessed with this movie! It is the perfect Christmas movie for a musical lover. Angela Lansbury is a dream. The songs are catchy and the story is just beautiful! A must-see for all the musical lovers out there. :)
½ December 30, 2014
a proper classic christmas musical, i could watch it in the summer just to cheer me up, yes it can be predictable, but the songs are very catchy and make me want to dance
jjnxn
½ November 11, 2013
Angela keeps this afloat but it's rather feeble and has too little to do with Christmas and too much to do with Dickens.
June 23, 2013
Mrs. Claus takes the reindeers for a stroll and finds herself in turn of the 20th century New York helping some kids working like slaves in a factory. An awkward musical full of Christmas spirit clichés, but the casting of Lansbury as Mrs. Santa Claus is spoty on.
½ April 11, 2013
Great film, loved it!
½ August 23, 2011
I Like Angela Lansbury, It's Hard For Me To Find Something I Dislike Her In, But This Made For TV Musical Is Taking The Biscuit. If It Wasn't For Angela Lansbury The Movie Wouldn't Have Been Viewable. A Hard Watch For Older People, But I Can See Elements Of Why A Kid Could Enjoy It. The Film Features The Annoying Catchy Songs Of Which You Would Find In One Of Disney's Animated Musical
January 7, 2011
Damn. Angela Lansbury is the film equivalent of sugar cane. You know it's bad for your health but there's no resisting it. This holiday concoction is all a true Hollywood Christmas is about-lots of tinsel, music, colorful costumes and a happy ending. Lansbury plays Mrs Santa Claus who gets tired of being stuck in the background all the time so she sets out in a sledge of her own and lands in a 1908 New York just a few days before Christmas, where she encounters a group of children working in a toy factory which should rather be called a sweat shop. To kill her boredom, she helps launch the suffragette movement and improve the working conditions in the toy factory. Hughes' direction is quite simple and intuitive-the cast is wonderful so there really wasn't a lot to be done. Quite unexpectedly, there's even a feminist subtext in this lovely Christmas fantasy: Mrs Claus' determination to find her own identity and Sadie's suffragette project. "Mrs Santa Claus" is almost flawless package: Bob Mackie's costumes(which make you feel you're looking at those old-school Christmas cards), the cheerful songs and Rob Marshall's choreography make this ship swim even through the hardest film-critical storm. Sure, it's a bit tacky-but that's what Christmas is all about and that's why we love it. And after seeing this you almost wish Angela Lansbury would knock on your door in her fluffy red cloak with a Christmas carol.
September 18, 2010
MRS. SANTA CLAUS (1996)
½ June 6, 2010
Eh, bleh. I had to sit through this at my 76-year old aunt's house one Christmas because she loves Angela Lansbury. I don't so much. I was quickly looking for the eggnog (that I prayed was spiked with rum).
April 9, 2010
One word: Stupidpieceofcrap. 17%
March 27, 2010
Angela Lansbury is a great Mrs. Santa Claus!!!!
February 3, 2010
It's always pleasurable to watch Angela Lansbury doing what she doues best: musical comedies. I found this film enjoyable but a little foolish at the end.
½ December 30, 2009
Though by no means a great movie, this is nice enough to watch with the kids around Christmas time. The song and dance numbers are harmless and the added charm of both Lansbury and Durning makes it better than average for this kind of thing.
½ November 24, 2009
Feeling bored and unappreciated Mrs Claus goes for a quick trip round the world only suffering Reindeer trouble over New York (surprise, surprise) and so works for a hard-faced business man who's attitude to the toy industry isn't what it should be. oh and she also helps fight for women's rights!
January 5, 2009
One rare tv movie of Angela's that was really good.
December 25, 2008
Good fun, decent Jerry Herman score, good choreography, Lansbury is adorable. Story is a bit thin but it's a must-watch for anyone who loves musicals and Christmas.
December 23, 2008
A watchable musical festive film
December 22, 2008
eep. watched with meh mum ^^ so cute
October 13, 2008
Angela Lansbury's best performance! I love this musical. This is a great musical that your family will enjoy watching every year at Christmas time.
October 8, 2008
I love this movie, yes i am a guy, but I watch this movie every year.