Much Ado About Nothing - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Much Ado About Nothing Reviews

½ May 23, 2015
A perfect modern adaptation for a Shakespeare classic comedy full of great performances and beautiful photography.
May 19, 2015
This was a very good movie and was very well acted and staged. I didn't give it 5 stars because the director made a significant mistake at the very beginning that undercut the rest of the movie. It starts out with Beatrice and Benedick after an apparently unsuccessful sexual encounter. This beginning is totally inconsistent with the sexual mores expressed so clearly in the rest of the play and so critical to the plot. Bad call at the beginning of an otherwise terrific production.
½ May 10, 2015
Not as good as Brangh's! I love black and white cinematography but it doesn't work in Much Ado. The acting is off with only Acker and Fillian seeming comfortable with the dialogue and not over acting. I like the attempt but it fell short of making a connection. Where Brangh's version was fun and colorful and a breath of fresh air, this felt like a high school attempt.
½ May 8, 2015
Supremely well-done, especially under the circumstances.
May 2, 2015
This is very weird in a very amusingly way. Shakespearean lines in American accent, modern setting, monochrome cinematography (which is super pretty) and great music.
½ April 21, 2015
Nathan Fillion as Dogberry is the most inspired casting decision I've ever seen.
April 21, 2015
This is probably the Shakespeare film to show high school students as the actors sell it well.
March 21, 2015
This looks really good. Plus, it's Joss Whedon. Need I say more?
½ March 1, 2015
Joss Whedon helms this infectious adaptation of William Shakespeare's beloved comedy of love, Much Ado About Nothing. With great style and witty performances, you can't help but have a blast.
February 18, 2015
if u r a whedon fan then u should watch it after watching these tv series and movies
1) buffy the vampire slayer (tv)
2) angel (tv)
3) firefly (tv)
3.5) sarenity(movie)
4) dr horrible sing's - along blog (web)
5) cabin in the woods (movie)
6) dollhouse (tv)
***try maintain the order... this way u will have more fun
February 15, 2015
This adaptation was amazing! I'll probably be watching it again
February 4, 2015
delightful Shakespeare in modern context
February 2, 2015
Each and every line spoken follows the original play really well despite the context not fitting in well with the modern-day setting.
January 30, 2015
Might not be for every audience but it should be. Full review later.
January 26, 2015
I thought it was well done! My wife, who normally likes action as a nonnative English speaker, enjoyed it, though it was scandalous at times, so that's saying something!
January 17, 2015
My favourite version of Much Ado! I love it!
January 13, 2015
Intentionally silly, Much Ado had me laughing and enjoying it from start to finish. Spoiler: Clark Gregg dances in a highlight scene.
January 8, 2015
An awesome example of a classic piece of text finding a voice through an intuitive modern director. Whedon never disappoints, and "Much Ado" stands among his best. Some of the acting can be a little dry at times, but Whedon's ingenuity keeps the text alive and the story moving in what is simply a joyous piece of film-making.
December 17, 2014
I hate Shakespeare so much.