Mudhoney - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mudhoney Reviews

February 3, 2009
One of Russ Meyers best. The old woman with no teeth cracks me up.
January 29, 2009
Oh my God, Mudhoney is amazing. I feel like I have been cleaned emotionaly after viewing this Meyers masterpiece. If you are into catharsis explored through the exploitation of sex and violence, then this flickeroo may be good for you. Russ Meyers irony and in your face drama characterize this film. Meyers' achetypal leading women is in this classic as follows: The woman who endures extreme hardships and overcomes them through superhuman will at the end of the film. As a side note, the jazz in the film is awsome!
November 30, 2008
Amazing. Oversexed country girls, drunken louts, and a crooked preacher trying to outscream everyone else. No wonder you'd want to name a band after it!
DrStrangeblog
½ October 15, 2008
'Mudhoney' Good, Sticky, Sleazy Trash

What else would you expect from B-movie meister Russ Meyer? Hal Hopper as Sidney Brenshaw is one of the slimiest, most loathesome screen characters ever.
July 3, 2008
what? a meyer movie with a consistent plot? madness! mayhem!
½ June 12, 2008
One of the rare Meyer films with a decent story. It's predictable, of course, but the acting is in rare form and as always for Meyer's major works, it strides the line between ridiculousness and erudition with a maximum of style.
½ March 10, 2008
The best Russ Meyer film I have seen. Overall it's even a touch better than Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! in my view.
March 3, 2008
a cult classic.
love it!
February 25, 2008
One of, if not THE, best of Meyer's movies. This movie is the reason he was called the "rural Fellini". Amazing. Love it so much I have it on my iPod. It never gets old.
January 21, 2008
Russ Meyer films turn me on. Hot, trashy (though not all) busty, naturally curvaceous women, most of whom think, act and speak their minds without fear, controlling the giving and taking of sex every bit as much as men. What's really surprising about almost every Russ Meyer film is the sharp, witty and clever dialogue. Seedy, sexy, libidinous and pleasure without guilt (which, for me, growing up Catholic, is a big deal).
January 8, 2008
Yet another pretty fantastic little Russ Meyer black and white flick. Hal Hopper's a maniac, and has quite a frightening screen presence. Everything works in this one, from the crazy preacher to the finale which some how manages to make you feel sympathy for the bad guy. Simply one more genius film from the sick mind of Mr. Meyer.
December 31, 2007
Very surprising this Russ Meyer effort that was not what I was expecting and with a real Coen brothers/Lynch feel to it. An oustanding performance by whoever was playing the matriach and given the film's title I think it's a safe guess to say that she inspired the footwear of the grunge generation too.
December 30, 2007
This is Russel Meyers only film that has an real plotline or story line and doesn't just shake gorgeous boobs in your face. There are still plenty of boobalicious babes in it for those of you debating whether or not to see it but there is more to the story than them. Can't for the life of me remember what the story is as the boobies distracted me;P
December 28, 2007
Wonderful B-movie melodrama. A classic pot-boiler from Russ Meyer with some fine dialogue, decent camerawork and slick editing. Performances are generally pretty good across the board.
½ November 29, 2007
Liked the plot a lot - really really well characters developed. It's got a sad and mangled twisting storyline that suprisingly freaked me out, noticibly wee nutty on the smut and its Russ Meyer so theres a lot of boob-age, one of which belonging to some chick who I swear looks like a pre reincarnation of Paris Hilton. And another reference I could not avoid is the fact that the Sidney (Hal Hopper) reminded me so much of Frank Booth (Dennis Hopper) from Blue Velvet.
November 25, 2007
Almost as good as "Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill!". A true Meyer classic.
½ October 28, 2007
More gratingly obnoxious characters from Meyer, but the last 10 minutes or so make it worthwhile.
October 8, 2007
The 60s b&w arty Russ. This is awesome stuff.
½ August 23, 2007
My favorite Russ Meyer film. Somewhat disturbing and funny at the same time. The music is great!