Mulan II - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mulan II Reviews

May 20, 2017
What happened to Mushu!
½ May 17, 2017
It's worth seeing at least once for the songs, but that's about it. The idea of Mushu trying to break up Mulan's relationship seems out of character for him. It's also just kind of a dumb premise in the first place.
May 3, 2017
Not as good as the first one
April 17, 2017
Mulan 2 is funny
Mulan has Eddie Murphy
March 20, 2017
So I decided to rewatch it, cuz I saw it on George Takei's filmogrphy and thought "Wait. This movie isn't THAT Bad!" And this movie's score perfectly shows why the tomatometer shouldn't be the end all be all for movies. I s it as good as the original? No. That's a Disney thing I suspect. The first movie is amazing and the next one is a harmless cheesy flick. It's fun. It has some charm. It's just more of the same. And I don't see that much bad of it. At least not as much bad as in those live-action remakes they do. It's just a not so catchy, a bit more cheesy Mulan 1. And I can live with that. More of a "Leave the kid in front of the TV and whatever you want" kind of movie. Is it bad? Yes. But it's the harmless "wasting an hour of your time" kind of bad. Not even as "I shouldn't have watched the movie". More of a "Meh, I did nothing for an hour and 15 min. Big deal" Not a good movie, but if you have nothing else to do- it's entertaining enough.
March 16, 2017
Mushu is annoying as always and the story is more like mulan lite with nothing exciting, not even the predictability.
½ March 14, 2017
While it looks really nice for a Disney sequel, I would try to avoid this movie, even if you are a die hard fan of Mulan.
February 26, 2017
This movie is so BAD, it made Doug Walker go Insane
½ February 3, 2017
I honestly have no idea how this was bad oh wait, it's a Disney movie sequel the plot was beyond boring and every character's story was lame.
½ December 16, 2016
I hate Mushu! This movie was completely useless. You expect there to be more battles, but NOPE. The characters are just overwhelmingly selfish and annoying as well.
½ October 23, 2016
Plot was a1, character a1, art style a1, 10/10 what a film
September 16, 2016
After saving China Mulan is now a role model to women and children all over China. She is soon to be married to General Shang, when the emperor summons them for a new a mission. With the country on verge of war again, he offers his 3 daughters to be married as means of peace. Mulan and Shang escort them with their original trio of soldiers from the first film. They all fall for each other and they all begin to question following the mission completion instead of following their heart. Although Mulan manages to capture quite a bit of ground in just 1 hour and 20 minutes it of course has nowhere near the scope of the first film. There is no villain of real note, and the main story could be a subplot in what could have been a more legitimate sequel.
May 11, 2016
Predictably awful but innocuous Disney sequel.
February 5, 2016
I thought this was a pretty good movie for being a sequel but I like the first one more. I felt like there was more fighting and cool special effects and the first one and the music was better as well in the first one.
December 26, 2015
Not memorable at all. And I had such high hopes.
½ December 9, 2015
Horrible. Boring and meaningless storyline. Corny beyond belief. Unbearable to watch.
September 21, 2015
A typical Disney direct to video sequel that brings back the favorable characters and extend their stories with heart, charm and comics, but it couldn't escape from the blanket of minimizing the original's power and going below the standardized nature. To further explain about the nature, it's something rom-com audience would accept their invite to watch this small flick, while the original's viewership would still find enjoyment in the sequel if they choose to approach it. (B+)

(Full review coming soon)
September 14, 2015
Complete bull crap
How do I give this 0 stars
½ August 23, 2015
Bad plot really bad animation bad voice actors know we're near as good as the first I know it was a straight dvd movie but man was this bad