Mulan II - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mulan II Reviews

½ August 14, 2017
Seriously!? This is the Mulan we grew up with!?
½ August 6, 2017
This is so bad. I couldn't even watch the whole thing. It was annoying and just awful.
July 30, 2017
Still ok, but Mulan 2 breaks no new grounds like the first one, rather it stumbles off into a generic sequel.
½ July 19, 2017
its not the best movie they ever made by a long shot but i do like the art style and it might be the best disney animated sequel they have done

yes mushu isn't the same in many ways other than looks and voice actor but if you can get past his changes the movie is a good time and i recommend you watch it atleast once.

while i don't think its anywhere near as good as the first movie. I do think it is a good movie in general so i'm going to give it a higher raiting than most people because I like it more than most people.
½ June 20, 2017
Oh my god, I've seen a lot of bad Disney sequels but this takes the cake
½ June 11, 2017
Mulan II is SUCH a horrible sequel that is an absolute insult to the first film and everything it stood for! I'll give it points for decent animation, but for everything else, it fails miserably to show honor and respect to its predecessor! In terms of straight-to-DVD Disney sequels, it's one of the worst!
½ June 10, 2017
You know, this sequel should have never been made. Here is a good Mulan sequel. Eddie Murphy plays Mushu again. Mulan's kidnapped sister escapes and finds Shang ( who was her guardian and was attached to her during time in prison). He takes him to Mulan, where he dies five days later of a deadly illness. The villain in the original movie comes back as a cruel spirit hungry for revenge, and he assembles his army and takes the emperor hostage. Mulan's sister must learn to fight and go into battle to defeat the army and the spirit, mainly because Mulan ran away to "try" to help Shang live.
½ June 5, 2017
Like most Disney sequels... No, I can't say that. This movie is far worse than any picture Disney has ever produced. Not only the filmmakers and animators failed to lived up to the original, they also insulted it by turning likable characters unlikeable. The actors sounded bored when they were providing their voice for the characters. The script is definitely the worse offender of the bunch. It's predictable, it's cheesy, and so forced that you can hear the producers saying to themselves, "what an excellent title to make easy money out of." I've never seen a movie so forced to be a cash grab. Holy shit, dude! You're selling this product to several kids. They're going to feel so disrespected when they watch it.
June 5, 2017
One of the worst Disney movies of all time
May 20, 2017
What happened to Mushu!
½ May 17, 2017
It's worth seeing at least once for the songs, but that's about it. The idea of Mushu trying to break up Mulan's relationship seems out of character for him. It's also just kind of a dumb premise in the first place.
May 3, 2017
Not as good as the first one
April 17, 2017
Mulan 2 is funny
Mulan has Eddie Murphy
March 20, 2017
So I decided to rewatch it, cuz I saw it on George Takei's filmogrphy and thought "Wait. This movie isn't THAT Bad!" And this movie's score perfectly shows why the tomatometer shouldn't be the end all be all for movies. I s it as good as the original? No. That's a Disney thing I suspect. The first movie is amazing and the next one is a harmless cheesy flick. It's fun. It has some charm. It's just more of the same. And I don't see that much bad of it. At least not as much bad as in those live-action remakes they do. It's just a not so catchy, a bit more cheesy Mulan 1. And I can live with that. More of a "Leave the kid in front of the TV and whatever you want" kind of movie. Is it bad? Yes. But it's the harmless "wasting an hour of your time" kind of bad. Not even as "I shouldn't have watched the movie". More of a "Meh, I did nothing for an hour and 15 min. Big deal" Not a good movie, but if you have nothing else to do- it's entertaining enough.
March 16, 2017
Mushu is annoying as always and the story is more like mulan lite with nothing exciting, not even the predictability.
½ March 14, 2017
While it looks really nice for a Disney sequel, I would try to avoid this movie, even if you are a die hard fan of Mulan.
February 26, 2017
This movie is so BAD, it made Doug Walker go Insane
½ February 3, 2017
I honestly have no idea how this was bad oh wait, it's a Disney movie sequel the plot was beyond boring and every character's story was lame.
½ December 16, 2016
I hate Mushu! This movie was completely useless. You expect there to be more battles, but NOPE. The characters are just overwhelmingly selfish and annoying as well.
½ October 23, 2016