Multi-Facial - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Multi-Facial Reviews

½ October 13, 2016
It's a short film that is supposed to document Vin Diesel's struggle to get acting work as a mixed race actor. He's told repeatedly that he's not black enough, he's not brown enough, he doesn't have the right hair for what they're looking for. He gave a great audition in the last one on this short, his others maybe copying a bit much from other famous actors. It's okay, but hardly says much about the racial implications of actors in Hollywood.
July 17, 2013
This is an excellent short film that showcases the talents of Vin Diesel as an actor, writer, director, even composer and performer of the soundtrack. I would honestly prefer to see Vin Diesel work on more dramatic films like this than the action movies he has been starring in Hollywood.
½ May 25, 2013
I've been curious about Vin Diesel's story since I heard that he played Dungeons & Dragons. I took his not wanting to breakdown his ethnicity/race/etc. as something negative, but I "get" it more now. I'm now wanting to see him in something non-action and dramatic.
½ February 14, 2013
Multi-Facial showcases Vin Diesel's versatile acting abilities. It's too bad he is only type-casted as the tough guy.
January 4, 2013
This is available on the internet, but Vin should consider releasing it on his own, maybe on iTunes / Amazon unbox / Netflix and his own website.
½ December 18, 2012
The Vin Deisel short film was very powerful.
April 17, 2012
Really want to see this one... Gotta find it!!
½ November 19, 2011
The Vin Deisel short film was very powerful.
June 3, 2011
Most actors biggest problems at auditions is that they can't act. So do you really think a documentary directed by Vin Diesel starring Vin Diesel, is a good way to teach prospective actors what they might face at casting? The guy's acting range is about as limited as a mentally challenged squirrel trying to fly the space shuttle. Yeah he's a stud muffin and women love his biceps. He also looks cool driving cars which is fine. He excels at that. Good for him. But offering advice on acting? Thats comedy in itself.
April 22, 2011
Would like to see what he has to say about it
½ February 24, 2011
This was Vin Diesel's first movie. It's a short. You can see it on youtube. I wasn't crazy about it, but he has been in things worse than this.
June 21, 2010
For what it is its a good watch. The man said 'fuck it, i'll do it my way'. Pat on the back for Vin. Even though he's made some tosh he can wipe the tears away with all his money.
February 12, 2010
Good short film [written, directed, and starring Vin Diesel] which shows the reality of being an actor who is mixed. The monologue at the end is great. I really wanted this to be a feature-length film. Great performance by Vin Diesel, people really don't give him enough credit.
December 21, 2009
i think a multi-facial is the kind of thing Lady Gaga gets on a saturday night. right?
June 1, 2009
pls somebody manage this muvi for me!!!!!
May 12, 2009
Really want to see this one... Gotta find it!!
½ May 12, 2009
Watch 'til the end. He has talent.
March 23, 2009
written, produced and directed by vin diesel, a short but entertaining piece of acting, with no real point or direction but, i guess worth it just to hear the climax in the monologue at the end.. not a must see, but interesting nonetheless, to see that there is more to vin diesel that just being a luv muscle.. it *slightly* redeems him for babylon AD which i had to sit thru on a plane...
March 14, 2009
very inspirational and interesting in the character study hands down of whatits like to be an actor 15 years ago, even to today's standards that film really hit the nail on the head! vin diesel's talent are absoutely impressive than categorized now and typecast as a tough guy being soft at times yet it shows the psyche of what its like to be an actor, not as a just a black, mexcian, comedic, horrfic or dramatic but just an all around actor compare to mickey rourke's "the wrestler", diesel's profound short is an entertaining , yet inspironal look of what it is about struggling actors there auditioning from role to role. an absoulte must-see in the actor, director, writer, producer in you :)
March 11, 2009
Really good movie to watch