The Mummy Returns - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Mummy Returns Reviews

½ October 17, 2016
All I can say is meh..
½ October 13, 2016
The Mummy Returns isn't as charming as it's predecessor, but it is filled with several good moments and quite a few "so-bad they're good" moments that make for a fun watch.
October 1, 2016
Not the best sequel ever made, but it's okay. It didn't have the gross factor from the first one, but still it was entertaining.
½ September 12, 2016
Full of adventure. Exciting movie.
September 8, 2016
The movie is incredibly fun to watch, but does not offer much else.
September 7, 2016
It's a cut below its predecessor. It still has some fun moments, but in the end amounts to nothing memorable.
½ August 16, 2016
A good sequel but the CGI on the Rocks 'Scorpion king' were horrible.
August 1, 2016
theres nothing more boring in my opinion then a PG-13 action adventure movie with zero stakes, dumb characters, failed one liners every minute, and a movie that just conveniently lets everything happen no matter how "oh well doesnt that just time out right" situation. ugh.
July 12, 2016
Tell me Stephen, did you have to take the easy route by recycling most of the scenes from the last film?! Did you honestly think that we, the audience, are stupid enough in order to buy this crap, by making stuff up as the film went on till the end? £#^& YOU!!
But I will say this! The airship flight from the wave scene was cool! However, that ain't saying much!
July 12, 2016
The Mummy Returns is a film that, I think, you need to see the first film of the saga because otherwise you don't understand some little details. That film is a film like Indiana Jones with the same plot and the same characters. But the kid is an exception. The cinema show us the kids like boys and girls insufferable, but Alex O'Conell is a boy that "pass more time in the museum that in house". One difference this film have respect Indiana Jone's films are the sobrenatural characters than appears like The Scorpión King or Imhotep. If you like Indiana Jones and Egyptian mithology, I recomend you that film
July 10, 2016
A dull and underwhelming sequel that failed to live up to its predecessor.
July 10, 2016
A little cheesy, but you'll fall in love with the cast. Very easy to get used to and admire each actor/actress for their performance. I loved the story line and the dedication to making this film. Definitely not a waste of time to watch.
June 20, 2016
Mummy Returns lost what the first one had, and that was its charm. However Mummy Returns wan't entirly bad, it had its entertaining moments. Though I do agree, the visuals shine more than the characters. The Mummy Return was decent, but this just really lost its chance to be cinematically impressive.
June 14, 2016
While not exactly as good as its predecessor, this movie lacks no way in plot or acting.
June 6, 2016
Good film better action just not as good as the first plot wise but still a solid sequel, The effects were pretty good but it used too many and spoiled it and in my opinion they should of left it after the first even though I liked the film.
½ June 4, 2016
There are fun elements, but they get drowned out by the overly complicated and stupid plot. Say whatever you want about the first one but at least it was relatively straightforward.
½ May 4, 2016
Following the huge box office success of The Mummy, director Stephen Sommers returns for the sequel that ups the ante for Rick O'Connell's next swashbuckling adventure. In some cases, however, bigger isn't always better, and The Mummy Returns is definitely one of those cases. Character development and story, and even the horror aspects harkening back to the 1930s original, is dropped in favor of huge action set pieces, and the result is an incoherent mess that lacks thrills despite having numerous scenes intended for them. These aren't really deep characters that need to be explored or anything, but any semblance of development from the first film is shuffled under the rug. Brendan Fraser is still the heart of the film in spite of his: once again, he brings a sense of charismatic wit and dry humor that fits his character perfectly. The rest of the cast is wasted though. Rachel Weisz is no longer an exposition spouting, helpless love interest, but now has uncharacteristic action capabilities and a subplot turning her into a reincarnation tied to Imhotep. John Hannah doesn't have enough screentime for his extra humor, and the young child actor who plays O'Connell's son takes over as the exposition fountain in a cringeworthy role. Even Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's presence feels like little more than a gimmick to get moviegoers interested in seeing the film: he appears in just the opening scene and the finale (as a visual effects nightmare in the latter). Speaking of which, the visual effects are surprisingly bad. What should look organic, like a giant tidal wave or a gruesome mummy, instead look like they've been molded out of plastic or rubber. Fans of the first Mummy film will likely get a little enjoyment out of this one, but it's mostly another forgettable summer blockbuster.
½ April 26, 2016
The first one was big dumb fun. This was just all out f'ing stupid. Ugh. Just ugh.
April 18, 2016
Brendan Fraser has done it again with the same Mummy twice!