Münchhausen (The Adventures of Baron Munchausen) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Münchhausen (The Adventures of Baron Munchausen) Reviews

March 2, 2009
saw this at the New Beverly Cinema
August 30, 2008
Colorful but hollow take on the Munchausen legend wastes its sumptuous sets and costumes on a slow-paced, talky script that is surprisingly light on imagination. Hans Albers is a bore as the imaginative Baron, and the whole film has the shallow feel of a second-rate children's film. Lacks the manic energy and visual inventiveness of Terry Gilliam's much later - and far superior - film version.
April 23, 2008
I was surprised to see no Nazi propaganda in this movie. It starts off slowly but gets better. Quite funny.
March 18, 2008
I had a chance to see this long-lost classic on Turner Classic Movies, and all I can say is I can see why it's deemed the Third Reich's answer to Wizard of Oz, albeit with not as much overt Nazi propaganda as say, movies made/starring Leni Riefenstahl, or even Zoran Leander!
½ December 26, 2007
Pretty far out there, although interesting with some comedic moments.
December 18, 2007
A fantasy flick financed by Joseph Goebbels may not sound like everybody's cup of tea, but if, like me, you are a fan of the ineffable Baron Munchausen, you won't want to miss the sheer visual splendor of this version! The depiction of the Baron's trip to the Moon is particularly amazing!
½ November 21, 2007
Thought lost forever for 4 decades and originally only ever released in Axis countries. Seeing it for the first time is like being told that there was this movie called The Wizard of Oz that no one has seen until now.
November 4, 2007
One of the best movies ever!
October 28, 2007
Film merveilleux, fantastique, extraordinaire... Conte magnifiquement adapte et realise, pur genie...
A ne pas rater
July 28, 2007
Incredible. Don't miss it.
July 15, 2007
ttattjgmm&&&&»»&;('«''_&»
June 26, 2007
Considering the austerity of wartime Berlin, it is nothing short of amazing that this film was made in 1943. Watch out for the SS guards in the banquet scene and the candles requisitioned from all over Berlin.
December 3, 2006
I would like to see this, i think...