Mune: Guardian of the Moon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mune: Guardian of the Moon Reviews

June 19, 2018
This is a beautiful, creative, artsy film that my kids love watching over and over. The characters are lovable and interesting, and the story is fully developed.
June 11, 2018
I'd recommend this movie to anyone who's a fan of animation. The visuals, character designs, concept art, and music for this movie are all breathtaking. Unfortunately, the the rest of the movie doesn't hold up as well. It falls into the same traps as many animated movies such as uninteresting characters, and out-of-nowhere romance, the whole "underestimated person suddenly chosen to do something great that no one expected", the story and characters are very predictable. But it's definitely worth a watch if just for the animation.
May 18, 2018
Super adorable, unique story and wonderful animation!
May 12, 2018
Impressive animation and inventive story.
May 7, 2018
This movie was fantastic. It's very heart warming and it tells a fabulous story. Definitely something I'll watch with my kids some day.
½ April 14, 2018
Admittedly, I didn't think much of this movie the first time I saw it, but it grew on me with future viewings. I don't know what it is; I just really like this film.
April 11, 2018
Vibrant colors, beautiful animation, and great voice acting make for an entertaining, if sometimes overdrawn and at moments badly voiced, animated feature film.
March 31, 2018
It's very rare to find a movie that is so genuine and heartfelt that it doesn't have to rely on crude humor or pop culture references in order to tell a good story. This film applies hand drawn animation and marries it to CG animation to create one of the most beautiful visual films that I've seen in a long time. Truly a movie that you can see at any age and be completely engrossed in this wonderful lore.
March 29, 2018
Very imaginative. The characters and story were very unique.
March 25, 2018
Underrated movie, looking to find more like it.
February 21, 2018
This is an amazing movie! The art is very imaginative, adults and children alike would enjoy this mythological movie. I never even heard of this until I saw it on Netflix but my husband And I would have paid to see it on big screen. Definitely went under the radar.
February 17, 2018
Beautifully animated as it is clever. This movie should be more recognized by the public.
February 2, 2018
Beautiful film. My girls (4 and 12) LOVED IT! And my husband watched it all the way through too. Highly recommended. :)
January 29, 2018
Gorgeous to watch. Wish the characterization had been better, but still would highly recommend to watch with kids.
January 24, 2018
I really loved this movie! It was cute and touching and frankly had me hooked from the start. This is a must see for all ages.
½ January 2, 2018
This movie was beautifully made, but was completely undone and destroyed by its script. If they would take out about 90% of the dialogue from every character, this movie would have been one of the most wonderful and beautiful ever made. But the script violates the whole SHOW don't TELL rule as everything anyone says is pure exposition. It is clear the makers of this film did not trust the audience to be curious and wonder at it, but rather spoon fed literally EVERYTHING.
December 23, 2017
Es una pelicula muy diferente a otras, aunque la trama puede ser predesible, los personajes son muy fantasticos, es muy entretenida
November 30, 2017
What a very nice and epic and cute movie! Both of the three main characters Mune and Glim are a very great creation. The plot is very positive and touching, many of the characters' doings such as Mune's doings and the way of the defeat of the antagonist, all of the above is really positive, seems like the film is trying to teach us being positive and kind and compassionate, especially the notion of learning to forgive people, it's great and instructive, and as for the touching? The love romance of Mune and Glim, especially the dreams scene and the end's their reunion after Glim's resurrection, how touching it is! It's really a wonderful movie! Maybe it's because of the film is from France, not the US, so it's not very famous and famed among the international society, that's actually what a pity! The film is worthy of a greater fame and being well-known among the international society as equal as other animation movies.
November 12, 2017
This movie was so good! I loved it!!!!! I ship Glim and Mune!!!
April 15, 2017
Cool world and gorgeous design.