The Muppet Christmas Carol - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Muppet Christmas Carol Reviews

September 21, 2015
A wonderful, hilarious version of Charles Dickens timeless classic!
August 14, 2015
It's good it have some great songs it's sad sometimes!
May 13, 2015
80% on my Tomatometer.
April 7, 2015
I love the muppets.I love the story A Christmas Carol.I love Micheal Caine.Ipso facto I love this movie.
April 3, 2015
Not the best Muppet or Christmas Carol film, but still a very good movie.
½ February 10, 2015
Muppet-tastic version of the holiday classic. Michael Caine is a wonderful embodiment of Scrooge, playing it super straight, while the narrators Gonzo & Rizzo (as well as all the other Muppets) ham it up. I'm thankful Jim Henson's son kept the dream alive!
February 5, 2015
Sir Michael Caine deserves a gold medal for the best Ebenezer Scrooge. This was the one I grew up with as a 9-year-old kid. Before I was able to speak, I used to like Scrooge McDuck playing Scrooge. Now I tend to like this one far more. All the other actors playing Scrooge either deserve a silver medal or a bronze medal. Like Sir Patrick Stewart deserves a silver medal for the best Scrooge personally. This Christmas Carol is fun to watch. All the other Christmas Carol adaptations bore me or they don't entertain me as much as this one.
January 8, 2015
Often very funny and boasting the usual Muppet charm and Michael Caine, The Muppet Christmas Carol is a solid retelling of Charles Dickens' classic tale.
January 3, 2015
Starring: Michael Caine, Dave Goelz, Steve Whitmire, Frank Oz, and Jerry Nelson
Directed By: Brian Henson
Rated: G

The classic Christmas tale about Ebenezer Scrooge narrated by Gonzo, er...Charles Dickens and Rizzo The Rat, featuring everyone's favorite Muppet characters as the book's characters

Since it's that time of year, I thought it would be a good idea to review my favorite Christmas movie.

Michael Caine as Scrooge is fantastic, being one of the few human actors in the movie, a lot rests on him and how he interacts with his costars who are mostly all puppets. He does a very believable job though and helps to make them all look and feel like they are living, breathing beings on camera with him when he reacts and talks to them.
Our story's narrators are Gonzo the Great and Rizzo the Rat, voiced by Dave Goelz and Steve Whitmire respectfully, both are great choices and give the tale a nice dose of humor and trademark Muppet fun. Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson, and David Rudman lend their voices to their usual characters, but Don Austin really shines as the Ghost of Christmas Present.
Another one of the human characters worth noting is Steven Mackintosh as Scrooge's nephew Fred who embodies Christmas cheer, without being sickly over joyous.

There's not much else to say really. It's my favorite Christmas movie and is a tradition in my house to watch every year. I don't have any problems with it. The music is great, the voice work is fun, it's true to the book while still being funny. If you are a fan of The Muppets and their movies, then defiantly see this if you haven't yet. Everyone else, it's worth watching too.

8 Out Of 10 Reels

"Boy, that's scary stuff! Should we be worried about the kids in the audience?"
"Nah, it's all right. This is culture!"
½ December 31, 2014
A classic christmas story told with the awesomness of the Muppets.
Kermit is the man, or frog, whatever you prefer.
Michael Caine is good as Scrooge and works well with the Muppets.
Gonzo makes for a good storyteller.
Great sense of humour helps move the movie along at a brisk pace.
½ December 28, 2014
Enjoyable telling of the traditional Christmas Carol story in Muppet style and great job by Michael Caine
December 28, 2014
A childhood favorite of mine. The Muppet Christmas Carol is the Muppets version of A Christmas Carol. Scrooge (Michael Caine) is a total grinch when it comes to anything. The holidays have made him especially bitter. Anyone who is older than ten should know the story from here, so I won't waste anytime explaining the ghosts and such. Overall, a fantastic little film with a Muppet twist. Funny for kids and adults and a film I can't recommend enough for the holidays!
½ December 26, 2014
They should show this one on TV around the holidays more often!
December 26, 2014
The best version of this story, in my opinion. As everybody knows the story like the back of their hand, there needs to be something interesting to make it worth watching. Special effects don't do it for me so the Disney version missed the target. The comedy of the muppets does make a significant difference.
½ December 25, 2014
Perhaps the most light-hearted version, there's nothing really new here but the fun that comes from seeing the Muppets in a classic tale.
December 24, 2014
This is my Christmas tradition and has been for nearly 20 years. It's a terrific story.

"God bless us, everyone."

December 24, 2014
A great adaptation of Charles Dickens' classic tale.

Funny, fun and entertaining for all ages, yet without losing its profound and essential Christmas message.

Having a Muppets version of A Christmas Carol is a masterstroke. Makes the story and theme more accessible by kids, and keeps adults interested too.

I even didn't mind the singing...

Great performance by Michael Caine as Scrooge. I doubt there has been a better performance of the role. Special effects are fine, especially for 1992.

A movie for the entire family.
½ December 24, 2014
Muppet's adaptation of the Charles Dicken's seasonal favourite, with Michael Caine headlining as Ebenezer Scrooge.

He has to give the role his all, too, as he is acting against the likes of Kermit the Frog, The Great Gonzo and Miss Piggy: no mean feat, indeed!
December 24, 2014
"The Muppet Christmas Carol" is not really my favorite Muppet movie, but it does provide some good laughs as well as seeing your favorite Muppets. Michael Caine does a fine job as Scrooge, and the songs were pretty good. I do recommend this movie. Check it out!
½ December 24, 2014
Michael Caine. That is all.