Muppet Treasure Island - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Muppet Treasure Island Reviews

½ August 15, 2014
I like the songs and most of the characters but it's lost its charm from Jim. But still it's worth seeing once.
August 5, 2014
A pretty fun spoof of pirate movies. You know it would have had Jack Sparrow jokes if it was made ten years later. While in typical Muppet fashion its often pretty funny but is one of the weaker Muppet flicks because it feels like it has too much Treasure Island and not enough Muppets
July 23, 2014
Solid classic from my childhood, I don't care whatever problems there are. 4/5 Great
July 17, 2014
That Cabin Fever song will be stuck in my head for the next two weeks.
July 12, 2014
One of the best, Jim Henson would be Proud!
July 11, 2014
For a Muppet movie, it's not very Muppet, although it still has the same energy and gags as any other movie.
½ July 2, 2014
My Worst Muppet Movie.C-
June 25, 2014
Can you ever get enough of the Muppets? Don't answer that. Let's just go with my answer to that one: no, you can't. Give me a stack of Muppet movies -- the good, the bad and the ugly -- and I'll give you my thanks. The Great Muppet Caper and Muppet Treasure Island aren't the greatest Muppet outings, I'll admit, but they have their charms, be it heist-y or pirate-y.
June 25, 2014
Equally as flat and straight-forward as its source material, Muppet Treasure Island still manages to get across the passion and energy the franchise has been known for, partially due to full role commitment from Tim Curry.
½ June 17, 2014
It makes good use of Tim Curry as well as a funny script. The movie never achieves greatness, but it's the muppets. What you see is what you get. I don't think Robert Louis Stevenson would be too appalled by this charming film.
½ June 17, 2014
if you like the muppets, you'll probably like this movie
½ May 20, 2014
The Muppets are at it again with this take on the classic Treasure Island. Tim Curry does a decent job in his role as Long John Silver, but the rest of the movie lacks pizazz and punch.
May 3, 2014
a classic timeless film that will live on forever
April 30, 2014
As we have seen recently with Muppets Most Wanted, the franchise is not immune to the odd bout of sequelitis. However no Muppet's film I have ever seen is completely bereft of ideas. There are enough interesting cameos and enough laughs to satisfy.
April 22, 2014
While this may be the weakest of the Muppet movies it still has its moments.
April 19, 2014
Classic from late childhood, still gives me a smile after all these years.
April 11, 2014
The roll call is one of the funniest sequences ever.
April 3, 2014
One of my favorites of the franchise. Muppets as pirates? Yes please! The songs are very catchy and the comedy works well.
½ March 27, 2014
If you just ignore the story and go along with the epic music, explosions and effects, chemistry between the main characters, and its fun songs, with the exception of bad 3 songs, this movie is alot of fun to watch. Warning: This movie shows Miss. Piggy at her absolute worst.
½ March 11, 2014
The zaniness is back. There are a few too many humans in lead roles for my taste, but the antics between Gonzo and Rizzo more than make up for that. Tim Curry shines.