Muppets From Space - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Muppets From Space Reviews

½ August 23, 2014
Sadly, this is the weakest of all the Muppets films.
½ August 11, 2014
A really fun muppets movie that is fun, cute, and silly at the same time. If you like the muppets then you should definitely see this movie.
August 9, 2014
Many laughs with typical muppet humor. Lacked some of the wit and plot of the other muppet movies. The lack of songs was a major flaw.
½ June 27, 2014
Has charm, quirky humor, and beloved characters, and pushes itself enough to be proclaimed a decent family flick though far below the mighty heights of the original trilogy.
½ June 17, 2014
Underrated, Muppets From Space is a funny, touching film that never takes itself too seriously. It has a silly premise and a distracting homage to '70s pop music, but the movie is so entertaining that it doesn't matter.
½ May 6, 2014
No, it certainly doesn't pack nearly the sort of wallop that the preceding films did but I still had a really good time watching it.
April 4, 2014
An average Muppets adventure - very short, kinda sweet - but nothing really happens, even if it's all about finding Gonzo's origins. Weird guest stars - Trambor, Schneider, Liotta, Arquette, MacDowell - and an odd jazz soundtrack, with very few singalong moments. There's still some funny moments though and Rizzo pretty much owns the film.
April 3, 2014
Not the best of the muppets movie, but still enjoyable.
½ March 29, 2014
This may not be the best or most heart-warming of the Muppet movies but it's definitely one of the funniest.
March 27, 2014
Why is Muppets from Space so hated? It has fantastic writing, humor, chemistry from our leading main Muppets, and it still holds up gratefully well. It's in my top 3 favorite Muppet movies.
March 11, 2014
Disappointing. The equivalent of watching paint dry...with Muppets.
March 7, 2014
Daft, but what did you expect from a Muppet movie? Yeah, its no Muppet Christmas Carol, so what? Great fun.
½ February 22, 2014
The Muppets at they best. When Gonzo's breakfast cereal tells him that he's the descendant of aliens from another planet, his attempts at extraterrestrial communication get him kidnapped by a secret government agency, prompting the Muppets to spring into action. This movie has action and drama at the end and this movie makes fun of all of that and that's what the muppest do.
February 21, 2014
Muppets From Space is easily my least favorite of the theatrical Muppet movies. Of course that's like saying your least favorite hobby. I still love it. The premise of making Gonzo the star is pleasant. The characters are their usual lovable selvesand scenes with Miss Piggy as a reporter, and Rizzo and Pepe's dialogues make it quite funny. Using Muppets Tonight characters was good as it took Muppets who had yet to become as famous as Kermit, Piggy, and Fozzie and giving them a chance. They are entertaining characters particuarly a affable mad scienist the villain has recruited to remove Gonzo's brain. The humor is good in most places particularly spy weapons Bunsen gives the Muppets to help them save Gonzo. However there are a couple of legitimate flaws which is something I couldn't say for the other movies. Gonzo being an alien isn't a great idea in my opinion as Gonzo was supposed to be his own creature, but luckily Muppet movies don't have a canon so whether or not he's an alien is debatable. There are no original songs and just playing 70's songs seems a bit lazier and takes away some creativity from the other Muppet movies. There is a bit of lower level humors (nose picking and such)that doesn't come up to the level of the original movies. However like the other movies it's still an enjoyable movie families should enjoy.
½ February 10, 2014
Really good a fantastic muppet movie a 94% by Aidan
February 10, 2014
Quite possibly one of the most underrated movies of all time.
January 24, 2014
Muppets From Space is never quite as funny as it tries to be.
January 12, 2014
one of my favorite movies
January 1, 2014
Muppets in Space was a great movie for all. I was pleased to see familiar faces in this movie and I am always happy to see the swedish chef.Every muppet I saw reminded me of somebody I knew, which made this movie even more hilarious. I always believed that Gonzo would find his family, and now that he did, I can die a happy man.
½ December 27, 2013
Meh. Who asked for Gonzo's origin?