Murder in Coweta County - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Murder in Coweta County Reviews

August 17, 2016
Andy Griffith stands out as an evil man who has an entire county under his influence in this otherwise stiff true crime procedural.
October 1, 2012
Really cool to see Mr. Cash acting, Andy Griffith does fine work as well. It is a T.V movie though.
½ July 16, 2012
Surprisingly good for a made for TV movie. Griffith and Cash both turn in good performances, but Griffith steals the show. Griffith is so good at being subtle, that you automatically accept him in whichever character he projects. There is no sense of embellishment in his performances. He delivers with an honest subtlety that we ususually pick up from people to judge their true character. This mastery of skill is evident here. I had never before seen Mr. Griffith in a villainous role, and I was barely a minute in, before I disliked his character. Regarding, production quality- it is a 1980s made for TV movie. Take it for what it is. Also featured, June Carter Cash, as an "Amazing Oracle".
½ August 13, 2009
I love it when a "good guy" turns bad (think Henry Fonda in "Once Upon a Time in the West"), and Andy Griffith is about as bad as you could ask for here.

Some lighthearted supporting roles fill in the gaps in this sparse and simple tale of a sherriff (Cash) that refuses to allow anyone to think they are above the law. Great watch.
June 9, 2008
Where else can you see Andy Griffith electrocuted!
April 2, 2008
A good ol' fashioned classic movie. Andy Griffith does great as the bad guy, and Johnny Cash is really surprising in the good guy role. A must see for any movie buff.
January 6, 2008
Hey, I like Johnny Cash... and this was a role tailor made for his acting range. Andy Griffith puts in a great performance as the bad guy.
November 23, 2007
One of my favorite movies. Johnny Cash displays the actor side of himself, and does a great job!
June 20, 2007
A very good murder mystery.
May 20, 2007
Johnny and June are in this.gotta be good
½ January 10, 2007
Love Johnny Cash. older movie but was different seeing Andy griffith in a bad man role.