A Murder of Crows Reviews

• Jul 24, 2020

The 0% Rotten Tomatoes rating baffles me considering I didn't think it was that bad. Definitely some shitty writing here but I enjoyed a good portion of this film

• Mar 12, 2020

I watched movie when it came out and just watched it again kn Amazon Prime video great movie. I highly recommend it!

• Jan 17, 2020

A movie that tries to be too cute for its own good. The anti-lawyer, anti-legal system sentiment is a bit heavy handed, and the "detective" story is not very compelling. Not one of Cuba Gooding Jrs better performances.

• Jul 25, 2019

Cracked up laughing when I saw this zero rating from critics just now! I found this on Amazon Prime for free and decided to give it a try. It actually held my interest for the entire length, even though I couldn't truly say it was a good movie. It was cheap and clumsy. I figured out so much of the film very early. Not a bad way to pass time as long as you're not expecting high art.

• Sep 01, 2018

As a genuine educated, movie lover who has seen thousands of movies, I'm stunned at how poorly professional reviewers watch films at times. A zero rating in Rotten Tomatoes for this movie is proof of that. It was suspenseful, extremely well acted and far better than most murder mysteries. The character that Cuba Gooding Junior portrays could be any man who is faced with the kind of moral dilemma that many of us would fail at. Offered a chance to become very wealthy and successful with no apparent harm to anyone he makes a grave mistake. He almost loses his life over it. Personally I might have taken the novel myself and published it. All in all I think it was very clever.

• Jan 22, 2017

A disbarred lawyer tries to start writing, but he struggles until meeting a strange ol man who just so happens to have a transcript of a book he is writing. When Gooding tries to find him, he finds out he passed away. So he ends up stealing the book to critical acclaim. However, he starts to get in trouble when the cops get word of his book and find out it describes murders in detail. He ends up escaping the police and is able to elude them to solve the mystery on his own. My biggest problem was the *twist* was so obvious from the get go of the strange man being bot the killer and the detective investigating his death. I just needed to fill in the blanks. The acting is terrible, like made for tv bad. I laughed out loud a few times at things that shouldn't have been funny. It wasn't too bad, it was somewhat interesting, but Gooding being able to elude the cops for so long made no sense. Neither did why the killer would essentially confess. Not to mention, how did Gooding not have an alibi for any of the murders? Could have been better, but ends up disappointing

• Nov 11, 2015

gr8 cast in this lawyer drama

gr8 cast in this lawyer drama

• Jul 29, 2015

7/29/2015: Blah. Absolutely nothing great about this film. The story could have been good, but it came across as very boring.

• Jan 12, 2014

The cast is good, the atmosphere is good, the twists are unpredictable, but there's just one little problem: the scriptwriter forgot about alibis. This oversight makes this the dumbest plot ever written. Picture this: a disbarred lawyer trying and failing to write a novel meets an old man who just so happens to give him a great murder-mystery manuscript-about a serial killer who murders wealthy defense lawyers who successfully represented guilty clients-before keeling over and dying himself. Our lawyer publishes the manuscript as his own, to great acclaim. But then it turns out that all the murders described in the book actually happened. Naturally, suspicion falls on our lawyer-turned-author, and naturally he immediately says 'it couldn't have possibly been me, because on the nights in question I was with...." And therein lies the problem. He doesn't say that. In fact, no one does. Not the police, not his lawyer ex-girlfriend, and not his former defense attorney self. You maybe could have got away with some throwaway voiceover like "he'd planned it all out in advance: timing each of his murders to match a day when I saw no one, trying to write my book" or something like that. It's implausible-how could the killer both know our protagonist is in seclusion and be out killing someone at the same time?-but at least they tried to address the issue. But the movie doesn't do this. It just ignores the whole issue of the main character (again, a former defense attorney!) trying to, you know, prove his innocence with evidence and stuff. This renders the entire second half of the movie ludicrous, a farce that reaches its zenith when the main character (in voiceover) says he'd never broken into a house before about one scene after he'd just broken into a different house. Now that's writing!

• Sep 15, 2013

Cuba Gooding plays an embittered lawyers turned novelist who moves to Key West, Florida to get inspiration but nothing works. So he meets an old guy who has written an interesting tale but not yet submitted it and then old guy dies and he steals the manuscript. But guess what? The tale becomes a best seller and then the law shows up because it plots out exactly how a string of lawyer murders took place. Also starring Tom Berenger, Ashley Laurence and Eric Stoltz. Good enough tale but not great. Tropical Key West location helps it a slight notch, too. CINEMATOGRAPHY: B; STORY/PLOTTING/EDITING: B; CHARACTERS/DIALOGUE: B minus to B; INVESTIGATION THREADS: B to B plus; OVERALL GRADE: B; WHEN WATCHED: early October 2012(streamed)