Murder, Set, Pieces - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Murder, Set, Pieces Reviews

½ February 1, 2016
Utterly despicable trash. Terribly acted and devoid of originality. Just moderately decent gore. There are many way better gore flicks.

Zero Stars
October 11, 2015
Terrible film but very sick and bloodthirsty. Banned in the UK.
May 16, 2015
This movie was the most messed up movie I have ever sat through. Definetly, the goriest film I have ever seen. The movie does have alot of crappy acting and some bad dialogue, but is very memorable for its content. Word of Caution: If you have a weak stomach, don't watch this film.
½ January 6, 2015
Si es bastante malona, jaja. Me la esperaba mejor hecha, algo tipo "The Killer Inside Me" pero no... es una película de 'Serie B' de esas que parecen que las hizo un estudiante que apenas sabe como prender la cámara. Del guión y las actuaciones, ni hablamos. Le pondré una estrellita y media solo porque la sangre se ve chida y el planteamiento tiene dos tres cosillas interesantes aunque nunca cuaja.
½ July 21, 2014
The BBFC banned this film and I can certainly see why. Now to clarify, we're talking about the Director's Cut which is hard to find and is considerably different (and far more nasty) than the commercial Lions Gate release. Simply put: this is the best Video Nasty in over 30 years. It is one of those rare horror films that lives up to its reputation. Three labs refused to process the film. The producers, cast and crew were all arrested. It is the most expensive independent horror film in history - costing two million. It is as brutal as any horror film ever gets. Especially in its treatment of children. That said, I cared deeply for the little girl and wanted desperately for her to survive. The film doesn't pull any punches and has a ton of brutal sexual violence and a bucket full of gore. The acting is believable and there are at least a a dozen scenes that would normally be banned and considered way too over-the-top. Ultimately, it's a horrible experience but easily one of the greatest and most accomplished video nasties I have ever seen. Argento, Polanski, Hooper & Herzog are all thanked. I can certainly see the Argento influence, especially in the music and colors. Also, the first scene is an homage to Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Bottom line: if you want to know what a serial killer's life is like, then check out the director's cut of this nasty little horror film. It doesn't get better (or worse) than this.
April 29, 2014
Sick, depressing, shameful, repulsive trash.
There is no need for this film to exist, except for the reason to please deeply disturbed people.
April 17, 2014
I knew it. My first instinct was not to watch this movie because it would be crap. But I did. I wish I just didn't.

Wow, this is such a waste of a lot of things. A waste of money, a waste of running time, a waste of SOME good actors, I could go on, you know. This is a very pretentious film; it tries to give the man's killing of prostitutes a deeper insight by making it highly stylish. But no. That doesn't mask the razor-thin plot line that ultimately drags on because only little things happen in some dragged out scenes. The film is about 80 minutes long, but believe me, it feels like you're watching a 3-hour long movie. I feel so sad for the people who participated in making this horrid piece of crap.
½ January 19, 2014
Vile, trashy, horrific, disgusting, and just plain wrong, this "movie" belongs in a dumpster along with the director/writer. It clearly borrows from superior films of this type like American Psycho and Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer but the acting is atrocious in comparison. I saw the director's cut which was disjointed and random with it's editing (similar to the above-mentioned films), but there was no rhyme or reason to any of it and the director inserted clips from 9/11 for shits and giggles. The only plus side to this is it's chalk-full of beautiful naked women and you can tell that all the budget went into the gore effects. There are some truly ballsy scenes: one involving a baby and another involving a little girl, but this type of film honestly shouldn't exist it's in such bad taste.
July 5, 2013
Twisted, sick and incredibly gory. If you find anything of a plot here, I would honestly be interested in being enlightened. I found this like an over indulgent glimpse into the head of a person I had really got no interest in visiting.
½ June 22, 2013
nick palumbo's much hyped serial killer film is interesting enough but loses steam in its desire to push boundaries and dwell in repugnant excess. well directed but weakly acted. a minimal plot based around shock scene after shock scene. there are things to like about "murder-set-pieces" though. a few chilling stalk sequences. and the gore effects are top-notch. not recommended to mainstream horror fans, but gore fans should seek it out. look for the director's cut though. the domestic dvd is cut to pieces.
May 28, 2013
It was messed up when I was younger, now its just self parody. It's not very good at all lol.
December 27, 2012
It's full on exploitation cinema that borders on self parody. Still this isn't for the faint hearted.
December 7, 2012
N/A
October 19, 2012
I do love films bloody horror movies and exploitation flicks with sex and ultra violence. Movies like "Texas Chainsaw Massacre", "Clockwork Orange", "Evil Dead" and "Cannibal Holocaust" are all classic examples of horrifying movies that are well worth watching. And then there is "Murder-Set-Pieces", a exploitation slasher filled with sex, gore, violence and death all being turned up to 11 while the story is a big fat zero. "Murder-Set-Pieces" is badly directed (everything is very dark), horribly acted (except for Tony Todd who is doing a cameo I don't see anyone else in this having a movie career going for them) and there is no storyline to follow. The entire movie just follows a manic serial killer called 'The Photographer' (Sven Garrett) fucking and killing women. And scene by scene is him either fucking or killing someone, nothing more. If it wasn't for the 'cool' cameos by horror icons such as Tony Todd ("Candyman"), Gunnar Hansen and Edwin Neal (both from "Texas Chainsaw Massacre") and some 'cool' gore effects I would give this movie a even lower rating, but still this is a terrible movie that is nothing but a waste of time.
½ October 15, 2012
One of those films that I've always heard of, but had never got around to seeing just because of the way that the people behind the production chose to promote it, essentially spamming horror movie message boards about how great the film was, how excited they were for it to come out, but never really admitting that they were a part of the film's street-team.

That said, this was awful, pretentious wankery as a guy just kills and wanders around Vegas, then kills some more, it's pretty fucking pointless.

Pass, unless your morbid curiosity gets the better of you.
October 11, 2012
I love deranged films, but this movie fell short of being a great one. The opening was awesome and gave slight chills, but as the movie progressed it became duller by the minute.
½ September 2, 2012
Next to Nekromantik, this is the worst so-called "movie" of all time.
July 8, 2012
God awful gory mess of a movie.
June 17, 2012
Horrendously bad, not in terms of gore though.
May 15, 2012
See the unrated director's cut version.