Muscle Beach Party - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Muscle Beach Party Reviews

May 4, 2017
I didn't care for the first Beach Party movie, but I couldn't stand Muscle Beach Party at all. Just too much dancing. There is only so much you can take. I learned my lesson and will now stay away from the other movies in this series. (First and only viewing - 5/19/2014)
½ October 3, 2016
Teen Beach Movie was one of the guiltiest pleasures I've watched so far this year, and I can definitely understand why the main character was such a fanatic of the Beach Party movies after seeing this. It's just plain dumb fun, a live-action cartoon. Not only do you have Frankie Avalon and Annette Funicello being highly charismatic people having fun in the sun, it's loaded with starpower.

There's a future Bond Girl, Buddy Hackett, Don Rickles, the band behind the Pulp Fiction riff, lots of beautiful people, and L'il Stevie Wonder!

I will say this though. I always wondered about that dancing girl in Teen Beach Movie, and now that I've seen Candy... yeah, that's a horrifyingly iconic role. I think Elaine Benes picked up her dance moves from her. That was terrifying.
½ July 9, 2015
I wanted to walk out of this movie it was so bad but it was outdoors and free so just kept drinking and it didn't get better.
Sometimes it's fun to see if a movie holds up to modern times, even in a campy, politically incorrect manner, this one doesn't.
½ November 25, 2014
July 9, 2014
Don't miss the Stevie Wonder performance, and also watch the closing credits which show Stevie again, playing bongos.
April 27, 2014
The Beach Party films are ridiculous, but for whatever reason, I find these films highly enjoyable. The films are absolutely corny, but it's somewhat of a fantasy world that I'd like to live in. If something like "The Purple Rose of Cairo" were to happen, this would be one of the type of films I'd like to step onto the screen into. That being said and my impartiality to these ridiculous films, in "Muscle Beach Party" Frankie and Annettee are back at the beach and have a feud with Don Rickles and his muscle beach business next door on the beach. There's also Little Stevie Wonder singing one number and the great Dick Dale performing another. Buddy Hackett plays a millionaire living on a yacht off the beach. You also get Dan Haggerty as one of the muscle men and Peter Loree in a cameo appearance. It's all pretty standard Beach Party nonsense, but if you enjoy these films, it'll deliver exactly what you're hoping for. Oh, and his is the only film in the series not to feature Eric Von Zipper and his biker gang.
½ November 6, 2013
Now this is one of the Beach Party series that I legitimately like. Luciana Paluzzi first has the hots for a muscle man managed by gym owner Don Rickles, and then for Frankie Avalon. Buddy Hackett is her manager. Stevie Wonder appears for a musical number with Dick Dale & the Del-Tones backing him. Morey Amsterdam has a small, weird role and even Peter Lorre shows up at the end. Fun stuff.
April 18, 2012
the sequel of sorts for frankie n annette
½ September 13, 2009
Old timey jokes and plot that isn't all that great. I did like Candy's secret weapon and the muscle studs.
July 22, 2009
Utrolig skummelt, men samtidig fantastisk :D
½ June 30, 2009
Those krazy kids from the beach Frankie and Annette are back for more hi-jinks and this time they brought Don Rickles, Buddy Hackett, and Little Stevie Wonder(sorry flixster you're wrong that's not James Brown) along for the ride. My only real complaint is no Eric Von Zipper.
½ March 17, 2009
This is a campy beach movie, but it is very entertaining. I thought that was the reason for making movies, to entertain us.
February 27, 2009
Frankie Avalon and Annette Funicello
½ January 1, 2009
I watched this with my mom when I was little. I still remember it today.
September 20, 2008
Hey, Don Rickles is 'Big Drag'. That and Eric Von Zipper would make me watch.
September 7, 2008
Disappointing sequel, and Erik Von Zipper is badly missed.
½ August 26, 2008
fun stuff. a silly popcorn flick to relax to and have fun with
August 24, 2008
this is the big one! everybody's in it to win...and it all happens down on the sands, baby!
why me all the time ?
August 13, 2008
good stuff tons of stars
July 27, 2008
Don't understand how these films were so popular.