Muscle Shoals - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Muscle Shoals Reviews

July 26, 2016
I could say so many positive things about this work I'd use all of RT's bandwidth. If you are at all into music, music history, music theory, anything. Or if you like true stories about people experiencing ultimate highs and lows, but keep coming back, this is a must see. You'll exerience the full range of emotions.
June 22, 2016
See this documentary now , and if you've never been to Muscle Shoals or the Florence Area, then plan a weekend getaway to enjoy the areas Cultural and Musical History. It's a very odd place with an essence you can't quite put your finger on...not quite charming but there is an enchanting quality about the river and the trees and the earth.....Oh my bad , this is a Movie review not a travel brochure....so Muscle Shoals is a must watch documentary for anyone who considers themselves a lover of Music. The interviews and stories from some of the worlds greatest musicians will send chills down your arms and awaken your musical spirit.....it's really this good ! 4 stars
½ May 4, 2016
Very good movie, very interesting story about a little town that was the center for so much great music. I'm not a big fan of music documentaries, but this movie was very good.
½ April 3, 2016
fascinating musical history to me.
March 11, 2016
A superb music documentary about the brilliant Rick Hall and four of the greatest musicians you've never heard off. This is a must see film.
February 10, 2016
The Stones get too much play, but I suppose that helps them sell the movie. The rest is pretty great. Rick Hall is a fascinating character, and I loved listening to The Swampers talk about the split. They still seem nervous about it!
February 2, 2016
Best music doc i've ever seen
January 27, 2016
Stumbled upon this doc by complete accident and was blown away. If you're a fan of music (especially from the 70s) and appreciate the notion that places and spaces can spark creativity, you'll love it.
December 29, 2015
I have never watched a movie more than three times voluntarily. I would watch Muscle Shoals again, tonight. For the tenth time. And tomorrow.
December 27, 2015
a must for all those who take their rock era music seriously
December 25, 2015
Excellent! Absolutely excellent and a blast to listen to, as well!
December 1, 2015
a really amazing documentary. it's amazing that such a small town could produce so much great music
October 24, 2015
Best scene is when Aretha becomes the Alpha Diva in a room full of white musicians. Bono has some spot on funny quotes. Must see for the music buff.
October 10, 2015
For anyone that grew up listening to soul, R&B and rock and roll in the 60's and 70's and still gets moved by music, this is a fascinating story
½ August 31, 2015
Historia apasionante y muy, muy bien montado a nivel documental.
August 23, 2015
If you're into music, this is very deep look into how most of the music that we all listen to today was created and you feel it.
½ July 26, 2015
Essential documentary for soul and music fans
July 24, 2015
A film for the music aficionado. Muscle Shoals truly is a special place.
July 11, 2015
Many great comments. A good history. An amazing place.