The Muse - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Muse Reviews

July 21, 2011
Albert Brooks tale of a Hollywood writer facing the end of his career is unintentionally ironic and kinda sad to watch. The help of major Tinseltown players do little to support a work wherein Brooks himself only comes across as bitter and alienating. Sharon Stone as the titular character: blech. Only Andie MacDowell escapes unscathed. Pass.
½ July 13, 2011
Albert my the orginal 'Seinfeld'. In this satisifated Comedic Drama, You can really see the TRUTH.....Great Cast along with Soundtrack....
June 24, 2011
The premise for The Muse sounds like the best Woody Allen film not made by Woody Allen, and Albert Brooks has some of Allen's nebbish comedic appeal. Unfortunately, The Muse's smart and colorful ideas soon run thin, and we're left to watch Brooks grimace, roll his eyes and slap his forehead in frustration at the inane and arbitrary demands of Sharon Stone. The funniest thing about The Muse is its cameos, from James Cameron ("Stay away from the water") to Marty Scorsese rattling on about remaking Raging Bull, most of them are inspired. Cameos don't make a movie however, and The Muse squanders an inspired premise and a talented cast in a series of unfunny and repetitive scenes and gags.
March 29, 2011
Some very funny bits but it's not half as funny as it thinks it is.
½ December 9, 2010
Turned it off part way into it because it was terrible!
½ August 25, 2010
I found the Muse to be mildly entertaining. I gave up on it once but tried it again and finished it. I like Brooks, so anything he is in is funny. A satire about Hollywood and the ups and downs of writers and what lengths they will go to when they are struggling.

The stakes are so high anyone can con these people. The muse has her victims doing anything for them. Brooks and his wife let her sleep in their bedroom!
It gets hard to believe after a while what people do for the muse to gain her favor.

I have been undecided about this one. Give it a try, you probably will find it amusing and sometimes very funny.

Two index fingers sideways......
½ July 31, 2010
Lesser Brooks, but still very funny.
July 20, 2010
I normally like Albert Brooks's films. Obviously Broadcast News and Defending Your Life are fantastic, and in those films, his neurotic, Woody Allen demeanor is charming, clever, and funny. But here he's just annoying and occasionally he's almost creepily over-bearing. As a film, The Muse has a lot of wasted time spent on people driving in the "beautiful" plasticity of L.A. and banal dialogue like "You should call him." [Dramatic pause.] "I'll call him." A film exploring the writing process might have been more interesting, but like his character, I fear Brooks has lost his edge.
June 28, 2010
Another Albert Brooks film that fails to deliver. He really should just becoma a cast member of The Simpsons.
½ June 6, 2010
Brooks and Stone I'm not a big fan of, but love that MacDowell. She's still kinda' hot today...But the movie wasn't all that"
May 19, 2010
I'm not typically a far of Albert Brooks, but this film was charming and fun.
May 15, 2010
Good lesson on how to be a muse and how not to get rid of your muse. One of the best Stone's roles, I think - could not imagine a bettter actress for the Muse. :)
½ April 9, 2010
?? ????عش ا?د? ?ا?د??? تعتز? ?تتحجب?
February 13, 2010
bad. very bad and boring.
½ December 15, 2009
A screen-writer (Albert Brooks) who desperately needs inspiration get helps from Sharon Stone who has him convinced that she's a modern-day muse. Despite an over-done musical score and an overly anxious Albert Brooks, I still found the movie to be very entertaining. Sharon Stone is very funny and the script is full of clever moments.

I love when James Cameron comes to the muse and she tells him to stay out of the water. I wish he listened since his talent was wasted for years with him just making under-water documentaries. I also like how the muse gives Brooks and Rob Reiner the same idea for the same movie. The Muse isn't for everyone. But if you like movies about the people that make them, then films like the Player and the Muse are for you.
August 12, 2009
funny movie , Sharon Stone was great!
½ July 30, 2009
I should have listend to the reviews. It wasn't too bad at first, but about half way through it got boring and just went downhill from there. And who keeps thinking that it's a good idea to put Andie MacDowell in movies? Please stop doing that.
½ June 25, 2009