Music and Lyrics - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Music and Lyrics Reviews

January 26, 2016
It's not the worst movie ever made.
January 8, 2016
Funny romantic comedy. Love the chemistry between Hugh Grant and Drew Berrymore. The music is very catching and fun.
January 2, 2016
Surprising good and re-watchable
½ December 27, 2015
If you are a fan of 80's English synth pop then this is the film for you. I quite liked it, myself.
½ December 14, 2015
Music and Lyrics: Certain aspects of this romantic comedy are just as cheesy and corny as the 80s pop star-turned-has been that Hugh Grant deftly portrays. But the excellent chemistry between Grant and Drew Barrymore as songwriters penning a tune for a seemingly brainless pop diva makes this cheesefest wonderfully delicious and with tons of heart. The soundtrack is awesome and the film features one of the best 80s homage closing credits in cinema history. A
December 8, 2015
good chemistry in this rom-com
October 30, 2015
One of the funniest films I've seen. Lots of laugh out loud moments and consistent chuckles
October 2, 2015
Quaint....not great but quaint.
September 27, 2015
lovely music and a charming story.
September 13, 2015
highs and lows it takes 2.
August 22, 2015
Witty banter, music, satire, and great actors are a great recipe for a rom com in my book.
June 21, 2015
Fairly predictable gentle RomCom with Hugh Grant playing a washed up 80s pop star not entirely unlikely Andrew Midgely, the forgotten half of Wham! OK viewing for a wet afternoon.
½ May 28, 2015
This is a fun rom-com, and teaches a thing or two about couple chemistry.
May 9, 2015
Great movie and performance by Barrymore and Grant.
½ May 5, 2015
Its Okey. That kind of nice movie that i would have playing in the background when im trying to sleep. Hugh Grant is always that ditzy funny guy!
April 29, 2015
Surprisingly not bad. Good songs.
½ January 29, 2015
The song at its centre is nice enough but the movie isn't anything new and rarely interesting. Full review later.
January 18, 2015
Another Hugh Grant movie, another rom-com, yet another that I find strangely enjoyable. The storyline seems just plausible enough, and the chemistry between the two leads works. Good date movie.
½ January 17, 2015
Solo se salva por el clip del comienzo.
December 18, 2014
So cute. catchy cheesy music. kids LOVE it too.