Music in My Heart - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Music in My Heart Reviews

November 28, 2013
Tony Martin sings "It's a Blue World" and Rita Hayworth looks lovely; the film is slight but glossy.
November 28, 2013
not very good minor B musical
jjnxn
½ October 21, 2010
Minor B picture with Rita on her way up. The best part of this is the supporting cast with old reliables Eric Blore, George Tobias and Alan Mowbray adding a dash of humor to the proceedings.
½ May 28, 2010
2.5: The plots in some classic Hollywood pictures could get pretty ridiculous. In many ways films like this, and other numerous screwball/romantic/musical comedies from the same era, are the antecedents of films like The Hangover and Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle. I can't quite imagine the modern versions without films like Bringing Up Baby, as much as I hate to compare them. Granted, Music in my Heart is also not worthy of comparison with pictures like Bringing Up Baby or Monkey Business either, but it does have a suitably ridiculous plot. It is lighthearted fluff. Seriously, nothing even remotely less than wonderful could ever happen to these characters. There is no room for anything but happiness in this world. Plus, it stars Rita Hayworth. She hadn't quite figured out how to maximize her sex appeal yet, but she certainly isn't an eyesore. Reasonably entertaining.
½ September 22, 2009
Surprisingly bland, considering Rita Hayworth stars. The songs lack spark, the musical numbers are a bit bland and the plot is paper thin. Still, it manages to be mildly entertaining. A minor musical.
½ September 22, 2009
November 18, 2008
A really fun romantic comedy movie. A must see for all!
October 7, 2007
I love these old classics...
½ July 26, 2007
?????????????? ??????? ????????
July 19, 2007
All CLASSICS are GOOD
September 21, 2006
waaw, i realy feel some tin g, gosh.