Le Maître de Musique (The Music Teacher) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Le Maître de Musique (The Music Teacher) Reviews

March 21, 2010
The Music Teacher is a work of art from ( Belgium ) and it tells the story of Opera lessons to young guy and girl >> nominated for oscar 1990 :)
August 2, 2009
Add a review (optional)...
June 4, 2009
nominated for best foreign film at the oscars
July 17, 2008
Un film prenant avec une musique à couper le souffle. On ne peut pas résister à José Van Damme. Pour une fois, un très bon film belge!
½ June 24, 2008
Claws out, teeth bared: artistic rivalries between music teachers and their proteges are not pretty, but the music is, and even if you're not an opera lover, this Oscar nominated movie deserves an encore.
January 18, 2008
Haven't seen it for 20 years, so i'd like to see it again, but what I can remember is that I was overwhelmed.
December 6, 2007
This is my all-time favorite movie. José van Dam is an incredible opera singer and the soundtrack to this movie is breathtaking. The storyline is ok but this movie is really about the music.
November 20, 2007
creo q de plano es mi pelicula favorita
November 4, 2007
How can I forget the music. I only watched it once and remember a life time.
October 25, 2007
Esta pelicula increiblemente realizada y con una fotografia sin comparacion lo transportan a uno al mundo de la musica con una sensibilidad nunca antes vista.
October 23, 2007
This is a beautiful movie for the Opera lovers. Jose van Dam is the purest incarnation of a music teacher. The scene of the lake with Mahler's Ruckertlieder is sublime.
October 9, 2007
captivating music, wonderful story.. and filmed in the castle of Enghien! AND José van Damme... what could we ask more! A must to see
October 6, 2007
Sumptious film about the obsessive desire to posess, wrapped around a gorgeous musical score
September 27, 2007
Absolutely gorgeous film. Every cast member is simply captivating and the music will make you fall in love with opera arias forever.
September 19, 2007
Une des plus belles bandes sonores de film...
½ September 7, 2007
Fab movie and...wouldn't you fall in love with Jose van Dam too? I certainly would have...in a nanosecond!
September 7, 2007
Un grand film. Absolument magnifique, tout en nuances.
August 7, 2007
J'adore ce filme!!! Les acteurs font tous un bon travail et la musique est absoluement magnifique surtout a cause de M. Van Dame, qui est si doue. And it has subtitles for those who don't speak french :-)