Must Love Dogs - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Must Love Dogs Reviews

½ July 5, 2014
Incredibly predictable. Insultingly cliched. Supports the patriarchy.
May 22, 2014
an old favorite. always on tv but whatevs. free is free.
½ January 3, 2014
Fun little romantic comedy Shannon stumbled upon. Predictable and pretty status quo, but so is almost every romantic comedy, right? I don't watch much romcoms, but as they go, this was pretty good.
½ December 23, 2013
Great actors, average performances, lousy script, ridiculously portrait of the difficulties of finding love after midlife and a divorce... being Cusack and Lane being gorgeous just made it worst... if was tough for them, what the rest of humanity can expect?
December 1, 2013
It's impossible not to like Diane Lane and John Cusack. But this romantic comedy is...so predictable and kind of disappointing. John Cusack's character is in his 40's, doesn't make any money, and still wears Ramones tee shirts. So, I'm kind of confused. I mean, isn't this the guy we divorcees need to steer clear of?
October 16, 2013
John Cusack is awesome, but this movie is not. I can hardly remember it, which is a bit of problem for any movie, let alone a comedy. There was a bit with condoms? I think?
½ May 23, 2013
Everyone is so incredibly stiff in this movie and I just don't know why.
May 19, 2013
chick flick great fun
May 9, 2013
It's contemptible crap like this that reminds me why the romcom genre is so poorly regarded. Like many of these, there is no romance or comedy present, and none of the characters is remotely interesting or credible. Must Love Dog Turds would be a more apt title.
½ April 1, 2013
When zapping through the channels, I stumbled upon "Must love dogs". I remembered quite well watching the beginning but I just couldn't remember the ending. That made me think I must have not finished the movie, so I stayed on the channel to "close lose ends". It started off quite charmingly. John Cusack still shows potential for romantic movie material (remmber Sure Thing) and plays a lovable quirky character with somewhat strange yet distinct lines about love and the universe. Diane Lane, a kindergarden teacher with a broken heart, plays a nice and shy woman who is charming but nothing out-of-the ordinary. In the first third if the film, I really had some laughs cause primarily by Cusacks somewhat sarcastic lines and Lane's family. After that, it justed driften off into something plain and uninteresting. It was not too stupid to be true - an accusation I often make when it comes to Hollywood romcoms - but there was just nothing to keep my attention. As I kept on watching the movie, I realized that I had in fact finished watching it a while ago. It's just that the most parts of it are (unfortunately) not worth remembering.
½ February 24, 2013
This is a pretty darn good movie. (If you like sappy romances)
½ February 24, 2013
I love just about anything with John Cusack in it. He is too cute.
January 22, 2013
Cusack can get me to watch anything.
January 20, 2013
Loved it and can see that I am not the only problem with Internet dating. I so identify!
January 20, 2013
Not sure if it's possible to care any less
January 13, 2013
Must Love Dogs is for John Cusack fans, because honestly, the story line is kind of boring. Cusack plays his usual philosophical forlorn character with excessive dialogs that we all love. The problem is, that's the only interesting part of the movie. Diane Lane is good, but her characters is very bland, just as every other ones.

Everything about the film is kind of average, without spunk or spark. It's the type of chick flick that Hollywood loves to churn out because they know they'll make money. The recipe is tried and true. I've watched it a number of time, so I can say you'll be entertained, but that's about it.

You want something simple to pass the evening away without being disappointed, this could be it for you.
January 5, 2013
You don't have to be a dog lover to fall in love with this one.
December 30, 2012
I don't get the negative reviews. I liked this movie.
December 17, 2012
An okay romantic comedy that gets by because Diane Lane and John Cusack are so good. You know the type of movie that you watch and it's just alright and you keep waiting for it to get really good but never do. But because of the actors involved you still manage to like it. Diane and John really do click in this movie and they need to try again and make a better one. Still, this one does have it moments. And of course Diane is looking fabulous as usual.

Rebecca: "The best place to meet a guy is at the supermarket. You don't need to waste a lot of time there, either. You see a guy holding a list, you know he's married. He's in the frozen food section carrying a small basket, he's single. I like to hang out by fruits and vegetables, there's a better chance of getting a guy who's healthy".
½ December 15, 2012
Un sábado con mami. Bastante genuina.