MVP 2: Most Vertical Primate - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

MVP 2: Most Vertical Primate Reviews

½ December 4, 2012
I would actually give this movie -5 stars because of this piece of shit if this can be a movie then any movie someone makes can be a movie this is a piece of shit
½ December 4, 2012
Damn, this was worse. i would give this 0 stars. how do some people think this is good.
½ August 16, 2011
Much like the last one, unoriginal, unfunny, sappy kiddie crap.
August 13, 2011
THIS MOVIE SUCKS.

If I was young, I doubt I would like this movie.
Absolute waste of however long it was.
June 18, 2011
The original was much better, though my children liked both about equally. This one didn't really give me the "warm fuzzies" I got with the first one. Something about the homeless child did not click with me. My son really loved both the hockey sequences and the skateboarding ones.
½ August 22, 2010
Richard Karn and an ape? BEST CAST EVER.
August 12, 2010
Best movie about a skateboarding chimp EVER!!!!
August 12, 2010
A Katie and Mo Favorite pick!
Appreciate Richard Karn's relevance as ultra cool skate shop owner Olly. How could he not be hip with those highlights?!
Also starring the Jimmy Crack Corl old man from Pee Wee's Big Adventure, and a hockey goalie with a septum ring.
½ July 12, 2010
Boring, dull and only for young kids. The poster is misleading, the monkeey only gets involved with the sports event for like 2 minutes of the entire film.
June 30, 2010
Different/Not Bad/Good/Liked.
August 16, 2009
HI MY NAME IS DIDI AND I LIKE MVP SO MUCH
½ April 12, 2009
If you are similar in height to Jack the chimp, then this movie is for you.
April 5, 2009
I'm sorry, but this one is a bit too much for me!
November 29, 2008
What the fuck do you expect here? This movie is about a skateboarding chimpanzee, I mean god damn. It's got skateboarding, chimps, and the guy from Home Improvement. All of this comes together to create the most ape shit movie of all time. This aint no fuckin' monkey business, this is motherfuckin' MVP2.
September 17, 2008
Basically, the chimp skateboards.
August 22, 2008
Not as good as the first one - but the kids still liked it.
April 15, 2008
I found this film for sale in a British airport for a pound and was compelled to buy it after reading about the monkey in a skateboarding magazine. Though extremely B grade, this film combines two things I really dig in this world, skateboarding and monkeys wearing clothes and doing stuff. The dialog is appalling but I was seriously laughing the whole way through at that apes antics. The best thing is how despite everyone being aware that 'Jack' is in fact a chimp, they still talk to him and treat him as if he's human eg being allowed to play on an ice hockey team. Classic! If that isn't enough there's a cameo from pro skater Bob Burnquist that demonstrates his lack of acting skills but possession of awesome skating skills. If you like monkeys and/or skateboarding, even just a little bit, you'll love this movie! "You're crazy, Jack".
April 8, 2008
Director Robert Vince has done it again! It's all been building to this! Extreme (or Xtreme) sports have been popular in the last few years. Monkeys have been popular for the past few centuries! Pair them together, and you have the perfect sports movies for kids. Lovable Jack has been ousted from his hockey team, the Seattle Simians, but he doesn't get down, he gets UP, vertical that is. This is one you'll want to own, not rent, because you and your kids can watch it again and again. How do they make that monkey do all those sports?? Movie magic at its finest. Richard Karn is particularly a treat to watch in this one - some of his finest work. Keep the MVP movies coming! Bravo!
½ April 6, 2008
a good one 4 timepass
½ April 6, 2008
good but i don't like skate-boarding