MVP: Most Valuable Primate - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

MVP: Most Valuable Primate Reviews

½ January 25, 2016
A cute but pretty generic movie. Some corny over dramatic scenes but since the ape is such a great actor the movie is definitely worth watching if you love chimps.
½ July 2, 2015
For a film with an age range of 4-7, this isn't too bad.
But if you want to see this as an adult for yourself, I would say pass. Movie has a ton of flaws, including the ending, but like I said, that's not me watching it as a kid.
August 18, 2014
another great movie with bad reviews, M.V.P
½ August 17, 2014
(First and only full viewing - In my early twenties)
November 9, 2012
a good hockey playing chimp and i love this film alot, but not good at the sad part
½ November 2, 2012
This movie is literally the worst movie alive it doesn't even deserve a star. This movie doesn't even make sense like no way in hell can a monkey make it to the NHL and how can a kid buy a house when he's only 10 years old The Avengers is way better than this crappy shit. How did someone from the NY times like this oh yeah I remember cuz the critics are stupid morons that don't anything about movies
February 15, 2012
very weird i watched this on a bus
August 16, 2011
It's a movie that follows the same formula that Air Bud followed: animal inexplicably becomes excellent at sports, so they let him play. It's shit, and it's not even original shit.
March 21, 2011
awww that was a cute movie when i was little.
½ January 29, 2011
Lets face it monkeys dont play hockey... wink wink
½ August 16, 2010
eh, not a great pick. if i were you, id skip right to the sequel, most verticle primate. however, it did earn points as its the first movie in quite a while where i've heard someone referred to as a 'hoser'.
½ July 28, 2010
lulz factor. this was late night Encore movie channel fare for me.
July 26, 2010
This movie is giant pile of rotten bananas and monkey shit. Carl and Sheen are cool.
½ July 12, 2010
This film tries, but it doesn't hit the mark. Considering what they had to work with, I knew they could've done better.
June 22, 2010
Different/Not bad/GOOD/Liked it!!!
March 11, 2010
its a pretty amusing family film. its more believeable than a dog playing basketball. its extremely corny and does not grab your attention. the chimpanzee is what makes this movie somewhat entertaining. but its not really realistic and we have seen this type of movie plenty times before, just with different animals.
March 9, 2010
cute family channel movie, nothing of real value though the monkey is cute...
October 19, 2009
I loved it one I'm death in one ear and I know sign language so i know what the monkey and the girl is talking about all throw the movie, It needs all stars.
½ April 5, 2009
Very absurd. Its kind of like the Air Bud movies in a way, which is no surprise really because its from the same producers. This movie is kind of silly all around though and a bit cheesy. Its still entertaining enough to watch though, just not that great of a movie.
February 20, 2009
a really nice family movie..