My Cousin Rachel - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

My Cousin Rachel Reviews

July 12, 2017
Adapted from Daphne DuMaurier's novel after Philip Ashley (Richard Burton learns of his favorite uncle's passing, he suspects his 'cousin Rachel'-the woman his favorite uncle been married to has something to do with it.
November 16, 2015
Two years after Harvey, Koster takes Burton and de Havilland to play in this mastered adaptation of Du Maurier's novel. The result is astonishing. Both Burton and de Havilland make wonders. Photography, set and costums are also worth-seing and contribute to the mystery surrounding this story
November 9, 2015
Moody and beautifully shot gothic tale that features a good performance from Richard Burton and a the expected good work from Ms. de Havilland. The story isn't sure what it wants to be and leaves too many open questions. Burton received the first of many Oscar nominations. Strange that he was nominated in the Supporting Actor category when he is featured in almost every scene. This is HIS movie.
September 23, 2015
like 'jane eyre'' in reverse
½ February 28, 2014
Richard Burton is nuts. Really nuts.
½ February 28, 2014
Brilliant story with 2 magnificent stars. How could this woman be trusted? But what if she is genuine? Questions throughout that were only answered in the last few seconds. Enthralling.
½ September 25, 2013
A wonderful gothic romance from one of our great modern authors--Daphne du Maurier.
August 31, 2013
The chilling atmospheric thriller set on the beautiful ocean side of England.

Filled with strong performances especially Richard Burton in his first US film & with beautiful art direction & chilling set pieces the mood was set.

Not as impacting as Rebecca but still quite gripping & still interesting enough to watch.
June 1, 2013
A classic masterpiece.
½ February 26, 2013
Fatal combination of impetuous youth and mature womanhood--An obscure yet excellent Gothic romantic mystery!!
September 30, 2012
Just didn't have the tension I was hoping for.
February 20, 2012
Le génie de R. Burton! :-)
½ December 25, 2011
Excellent work from Burton and de Havilland.
December 1, 2007
A tense and surprising romantic thriller based on another Du Maurier novel, but not as well known as the movie adaptation of Rebecca.
June 12, 2007
I recently read the book and can't wait to see the movie version.